Sunday, April 16, 2017

Wax Tart Review: Supertarts Donatello

I know what you're thinking. HOLY CRAPOLA, LOLO IS BLOGGING.
For those of you in the back saying "Lolo who?" I forgive you.

Yes, I am here. I know. I know. I KNOW. I've made far too many excuses, so I'll just go with the typical "we've had so many things going on" and "I suck" answers.

I have really been trying to get back into/finding the want and desire to blog about wax, but I'll tell you the truth, it just hasn't been there. I melt occasionally, whenever the mood strikes, but my stash has dwindled so low and has gotten so old that what I have left is often too "meh" to produce a good scent. Add this on top of my non-existent wax purchasing and zero extra dollars you've got a recipe for "no new posts since XYZ."

There are so many other more efficient, better written bloggers out there now for all of your wax, candle, and scents needs, that even before mine fell into a deep, dark hole of virtual nothingness, I've sort of wondered "why bother?" Too much? Shoot, that's what you get for being honest!

Well, here I am! I'm trying to simplify things by going back to basics. Here's a wax tart review for you all.
Donatello: Lavender cream and honeydew melons
Supertarts' Donatello
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating7/10; Something about this combination does it for me. Lavender and honeydew go insanely well together. Fresh meets juicy fruit for an ultimate springtime gem. ore honeydew than lavender. Strong, but not too strong. Lasted 12 hours in the bathroom 24W hot plate. Yes, I still have a 24W hot plate. I like to live dangerously. Geeky/nerdy tart names. Dope embedded stamp on the wax. Now craving pizza.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! When I get in my wax blogging ruts I feel the same, that there are much more efficient and informative bloggers out there so why should I bother. Some are still in those exciting early stages of their wax blogging, where they're gungho and anxious to try anyone and anything out there. And some slow down, like us, as it becomes 'been there, done that.' I'm finding myself feeling good about doing it again for now but I'm sure I'll go through another rut soon enough.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey hey pretty lady!!! Ok. I melted a chunk of RG Alice in Slumberland and I bet Donatello is along those same lines. I recently got back into ST so I will keep my eye out for this one. Miss you. Love reading this!! Your warmed review format is one of my favorites. Could I send you some wax or are you just not really interested? I know it is more fun to buy your own but just wondering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supah, Supah, I love Super Tarts. I might try this sometime as I haven't gotten any Turtle blends. I'm more lavender than honeydew though and got some of that Alice in Slumberland too. Happy to read your reviews anytime and guess what, I only got into vendor wax a year ago, (stuck in a Yankee store) But yours was the first blog about it I found and I believe where I first read the term. So I consider you a wax pioneer and I'm a fan☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw, I threw down a movie reference gauntlet up there with 'Supah Supah'. Imagine it as a sing-song phrase from an early 80's film...

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)