Monday, November 26, 2012

Review: Yankee Candle's Christmas at the Beach

Well, loyal readers, Christmas time is upon us...
...and I'm loving every minute of it!

Part of me knows it's TOO EARLY to start getting ready and excited for Christmas; this is the adult side of me...and the juvenile side of me has spent the better portion of the last two days listening to Christmas music, decorating the house to surprise Josh, and looking for appetizers for our Christmas shindig.

The amount that I love/am obsessed with Christmas actually pretty pathetic. I've been thinking about it since, oh, I don't know...March? June? More in August? Everything about Christmas makes me ridiculously happy...


...but that doesn't mean we can't crave summer scents during the holidays! Christmas at the Beach should have been the perfect mix of summer and winter, but it is seriously lacking in oomph. The throw was minuscule, on cold and warm throw; upon melting it, I smelled a teeny weeny little bit of pineapple followed by a smattering of coconut, but that's it. One time. Nothing else. This votive was basically useless. I had to add my last tart of Tiffany Candles' Coconut & Pineapple, and then the party got started, but as a stand alone fragrance, Christmas at the Beach DOES NOT cut it. Yankee has been hit or miss for me lately, which is super depressing. I want the strong, powerful Yankee, not this piddly thing!

~~~~~~~~~~
Yankee Candle Christmas at the Beach
Cold Rating: 2/10; extremely subtle coconut scent, but not even so much that you'd notice on cold sniff.
Lit Rating: 2/10; nothing!
Throw Rating: 2/10; PIDDLY.
Overall Rating: 2/10; EXTREMELY DEPRESSED/ANGRY/UPSET AT YANKEE, CANNOT CONTAIN MY EMOTIONS, LOOK AT YOUR LIFE LOOK AT YOUR CHOICES, ETC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)