Thursday, May 4, 2017

Band of Bloggers: Vol. 17 / May 2017


May, May, May. Welcome back, ol' friend! May is a turning point in the year for a lot of people. The school year is almost over, summer is coming soon, and those mild months will soon become scorchers. The birthstone of May is the emerald, which symbolizes love and success. This month, we're focusing on those two things!

We all love something with all our hearts, so tell us what you love the most. It could be the story of how you met your spouse/significant other, where you got your pet, or a nod to your parental units.
My husband Josh. We met online many moons ago. I surprised him by visiting his work one night, and we have been in love ever since. And we still manage to make each other laugh and be silly together, even almost 12 years later!

My dogs, Freddo and Sonny. Both of them were Christmas presents, and these two are such a funny pair. They make me laugh and smile every day!

And though I don't have pictures readily available, but also my mom, stepdad, and brother, and extended family. I couldn't ask for a better family. Finally, I also love my friends, who have been with me through this and thin, many since elementary and middle school.
Finally, I love reviewing movies! It's the coolest, most rewarding thing and I hope we are able to get paid doing it!

Other various things I love: the smell of rain on the road; shiny things; the color gold; unicorns; Mama Kat's in San Marcos; COFFEE, LOTS OF COFFEE; wax and candles (of course!); Netflix; creative writing; livestreaming movies on Instagram; Trader Joe's; a bitchin' sunset; compassion.

In terms of success, and keeping it blog related, have you ever participated in and/or completed a successful "project wax" or spring wax/perfume/makeup/scented product purge? Have you ever had so much product you felt the need to use it all up before your bought again?
I have done a few rounds of Project Wax in the past, successfully and unsuccessfully. I have bins in the bathroom and bedroom of stuff to melt, with particular scents that we like in each area. I need to purge some of my perfumes, but I've dwindled my wax stash by a lot. Had to throw some stuff away because it didn't smell at all anymore, and it was a sad, tearful day. :P I am at the point where I am not financially okay to buy more wax, so I've been using what I've got, and also burning through lots of my candles as well!

Please, feel free to answer these questions in the comments section below!


We hope you'll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!



If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.

4 comments:

  1. You pups are so cute. And thank goodness for the internet for giving us our husbands. LOL!

    I hope you guys are able to start building an income from movie reviewing too. That would be so awesome to turn your passion into your career. And please, if you ever are hankering for any type of wax, shoot me a message!!! I will be happy to share my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you like watching and reviewing movies? Since when? XP
    I love visiting your site after I've watched a movie and seeing how yours and J's thoughts line up with mine.

    Sometimes it's nice to force yourself to shop your own stash. I've found a few old gems I forgot I bought that way. I hate when wax turns bad or loses so much scent. It feels like such a waste tossing it, but I would never feel comfortable passing on sub-par wax to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fredo & Sonny=the best. After Boston terriers(my pup), my 2 favorite breeds are Schnauzers and Pugs (mine would be named Sherlock and Watson though).
    I just wanna stop by to say thanks for the challenging post for the BoB. It was inspiring from both a writing and "project wax" standpoint.
    Good luck with the movie review biz, I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freddo! What a face! My first real boyfriend had a desperately old and adorable Schnauzer that used to come and sit about two feet away from us on the couch when we were snogging our faces off - it's hard to be sexy when you've got cute bearded Schnauzer mug staring intently at you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)