Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Bath & Body Works French Baguette 1.3 oz Mini Candle

I think I might need to contact the crew of Hoarders because my candle obsession seems to know no limits.

After errands today, I wandered into my local Bath & Body Works because I knew the summer candles would be 50% off, plus I had a 20% off coupon. Doesn't get much better than that, now does it?!

Upon smelling many of the fragrances I had on my list to buy, I was unimpressed.
No, it's not them, it's me. Most definitely me.
The candles all smelled fabulous, but...
Maybe it's time I realize that I am just not that into bakery/sweets scents.

Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of freshly baked cookies, cakes, and pies in real life, but ever since the time when I burned the Yankee Candle scent Pancakes and my husband Josh's lip swelled up within 5 minutes to 3 times its normal size, I've made it a rule not to buy bakery candles...
...but does "bakery" include Bath & Body Works' French Baguette candle? Because, if so, I just broke my own rule.
This candle, even in the mini (1.3oz) size, is DIVINE! It truly smells like freshly baked bread! The scent is strong when cold and even decent when lit! The house smelled like a Parisian bakery in no time.
So, forgive me if I went back on my word, dear husband o'mine, but I think you will enjoy this one, too! It sure puts me in the mood to bake homemade bread...I think I will make some this week, provided the heatwave goes away!

~~~~~~~~~~
Bath & Body Works French Baguette
Cold Rating: 6.5/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating: 5/10, I think the fact that it's mini-sized is the culprit, here.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10, decent throw, makes me want to go to Paris, bread is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)