Thursday, February 5, 2015

Order of the Odor: Volume 6


We hope your 2015 is moving smoothly and pleasantly along. February heralds in with pink and red hearts bursting forth in store aisles. Pro-Valentine, Anti-Valentine, it makes no difference, love exists. Please answer these questions along with us!

1. What scents remind you of love?
This is a great question! Scents that remind a person of love can be anything they want it to be. The scents that remind me of love have little or nothing to do with wax. Love is the scent of rain on the road. Love is the scent of movie theater popcorn where we had our third date and our first kiss. Love is the scent of bean burritos and carne asada from our favorite Mexican restaurant. Love is the scent of puppy's breath. Love is the scent of the Christmas tree we decorated every year as a family after my mom's birthday. Love is the scent of cinnamon sticks and cider in my mother in law's house. Love is the scent of fresh baked goods at my grandma's house. We have talked about scent memories before in our Order of the Odor posts, but these are some of my favorite descriptions of scents that remind me of love.

2. What scent would you melt or what candle would you burn to create a romantic atmosphere? 
Oooooooh, gettin' frisky on ya, are we?! Well, it would probably be something cinnamon-y, just because I know that's what me and my hubby like. It's not super traditional for romance, but cinnamon means spicy and spicy means bom-chika-bow-bow! LOLOL, kidding!! Either that, or something deep and dark and complex, a little ocean-y, a little masculine, a little intoxicating.

Deb hit up her local Yankee Candle Outlet store and came home with quite an array of waxy smelly goodies. Want to know what treasures may be hiding out at your local Yankee Candle Outlet? Hop on over and check it out.

Tiffany Candles has been knocking it out of the park with her Chunklet wax tart shapes. See what amazing blends Sunnee picked up recently and her thoughts on them. 

"Rise up this morning', smiled with the risin' sun, three little birds each by my doorstep, singin' sweet songs of melodies pure and true" If you are in the mood to sing along with Bob and bring some tropical whimsy into your winter day you might want to pop this scent in your warmer like Lauren did.

Wax fiends who are bookworms understand the thrill of matching wax to book series. Julie has been waiting with baited breath for Alamo Candelaria's Outlander release and its time as come! Was it worth the wait?

6 comments:

  1. We must have totally been on the same wavelength for the first question! <3

    I love your second answers. Cinnamon spicy baby! Lol!! I can totally get that. Your ocean scent is something I want to smell. Do you have any particular ones in mind you think can make that scent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3

      As far as the ocean scent, there was a Yankee Candle Home Goods fragrance many years ago called...beach towels? Beach linens? Oh gosh, it was incredible! It was one of the first candles I reviewed on this blog, actually, that sort of, in a weird way, reminds me of romance. :)

      Delete
  2. spicy means bom-chika-bow-bow.
    you crack me up, Lolo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping people would get a kick out of that! ;)

      Delete
  3. LOL ...I <3 you! Love your answers --both you and Julie listed popcorn as a scent that reminds you of love --so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool we had the same thoughts on love. You know me, I'm a lil' ol' softie. ;)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)