Monday, November 25, 2013

Haul: Candles from the Keeping Room Haul #6 !

This is a haul from Candles from the Keeping Room that I purchased and received a few weeks ago, I have just been spacing my hauls apart, ya know?! I was fortunate enough to snag my first candle from Carol! YAY!

Come along with me, waxy friends, and see what goodies this way comes!
I will start with the samples Carol sent me! If you've ordered from CFTKR before, you'll know Carol is *extremely* generous with her samples, and she even tries to cater to your requests, suggestions, and purchases.
  • Cake Batter Fudge: cakey, but not very chocolatey, so it makes me wonder if the "fudge" in this is vanilla butter fudge. Let me check a scent description....*insert Jeopardy music here* nope, not ont he website. I guess I'll never know!
  • Christmas Snow: a minty type of spruce scent. I think I've heard several others describe spruce as sweeter than balsam, and if that's true, this is definitely spruce. Vanilla, tree, and small amounts of mint!
  • Cinnamon Dolce Latte: not for me, but I have heard several people give this a thumbs up, so I might try it. It does smell cinammon-y!
  • Bread Pudding: again, not really for me. I don't like bread scents, but appreciate the samples, of course. I will just have to pass this along to a friend. This is a sweeter bread.
  • Holiday Relish: this sample is HUGE! It smells fantastic! It's very sweet with cranberries and oranges, for sure, possibly a tiiiiiny hint of spice. LOVE IT.

  • Caramelized Crimson Pear: veeeery caramelly, I have melted this one already and I did enjoy it, but it wasn't a favorite.
  • Toffee Apple Crunch: there it goes again with the crunch...the apple and toffee pretty much block out any traces of "crunch," but I won't hold my breath.
  • Marshmallow Fluff: a favorite, delicious and sweet marshamallowy goodness.
  • Smores Cupcake: this smells like chocolate and graham crackers. Alright! Love smores, but don't know how much I love them in wax.
  • Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar Pie: delicious, sugary, sweet, and buttery, but I don't mind it in here. Hopefully that goes away while melting!
  • Marshmallow Bomb: something about this sample doesn't agree with my nose, almost too marshmallowy. I'll be passing it on.

Sampler #3 was a pumpkin sampler and contained:
  • Pumpkin Souffle: veeery eggy. Not a fan of this one. It's like a light pumpkin underneath a wave of eggness.
  • Pumpkin Pie Filling: good! It's got a nice cinnamon note to it, and the pumpkin is very rich. I like this.
  • Pumpkin Cookie Crunch: I always get weary when I see the word "crunch" in wax. What does it entail? What degree of crunch will it hold? Usually, it's a nutty topping type of scent. This one is alright. I like Carol's cookie scent, but I think that crunch throws me off.
  • Sweet Harvest Pumpkin: lovely! It has that Bath & Body Works scent to it, slightly perfumey almost, with hints of sweet cinnamon and mild pumpkin.
  • Pumpkin Cream Donuts: I already know I LOVE this scent, and I am over the moon to have another tart of this. WOOHOO!! It is very bakery, which usually isn't my bag, but the creaminess mixed with the pumpkin makes for a delightful, fluffy bakery treat.
  • Pumpkin Roll: super cream cheesey on first sniff. On second sniff, you get the pumpkin bakery note. Decent.
Sampler #6 was an apple sampler and contained:
  • Caramel Apple Pie: boy howdy, this is caramelly. I like this, but I don't love it. The crust note is strong with this one.
  • Green Apple: smells identical to granny smith apples. YUM!
  • Apple Strudel: another word that makes me weary is strudel. Sometimes it's a nice, soothing bakery, other times it's this greasy, fried version with weird crunchy topping. This is a mix of the two, I think. Carol's apple is so fresh and strong that it's hard to tell.
  • Baked Apple: surprisingly more bakery that I figured. Not a fan of this one.
  • Hot Apple Pie: truly does smell like apple pie! I actually don't mind the crust here.
  • Apple Cinnamon Donuts: unlike it's pumpkin counterpart, this donut blend is more greasy and I can't get passed it.
Sampler #29 was a cranberry sampler and contained:
  • Spiced Cranberry: great balance between spice and cranberry! I dig it!
  • Cranberry Cobbler: this is just okay. Nothing too fancy, just a sweet cranberry type of bakery scent.
  • Cranberry Orange Spice: slightly perfumey on cold sniff, but I'm hoping that goes away while warming. I really enjoy this.
  • Bog Cranberry & Sweet Apple: ......what the hell is a bog cranberry? No, I take that back. What the hell is a bog?! If I had to guess, I'd say it was a big swampy place where cranberries are harvested from floating pods over a foggy dockside. AmIRite? Anywho, this is weird, but I like it. The apple definitely is sweeter here, but not in a candied way.
  • Cranberry Cornbread: bleck. I knew I wouldn't like this, it has the word "corn" in it. 
  • Cranberry Clove Bud: extremely clovey. And I'm noticing that all of Carol's cranberry scents are a pretty good balance between sweet and tart.
My first candle from Carol! The scent is Apple Orchard, which I know I like. I love the detailing on this candle, very cool looking! I also really love the holder it's in.
Now, onto the bags I was able to snag!
  • Frost on the Pumpkin (4 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. I absolutely love this scent, it's warm, pumpkiny, and slightly bakery. So, so good, happy to have more of it!
  • Fall on the Farm (4 oz. bag): this smells like berries and apples to me, with hints of cinnamon nutmeg. Nice!
  • Pink Marshmallow Twinkies (4 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. Carol's twinkies scent is my favorite of the ones I have tried in wax. Her pink marshmallow twinkies is incredible. It has a medium throw in a smaller room, but packs a wonderful scent!
  • Jelly Filled Twinkies (4 oz. bag): On cold sniff, this smells good, but the jelly might not be my cup of tea. I will melt and let y'all know.
  • Celtic Moonspice (8 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. Another all-time favorite scent from any vendor. Luckily I snagged an 8 oz. bag of this! It's so spicy, and so wonderful.
  • Amish Quilt (8 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. My all-time favorite cinnamon comfort scent, but Carol's reigns supreme. This is so, so good. It's not bakery, it's not cleanery...it's just comfortable goodness. Amazingness at its finest!
  • Pink Sugar Parfait (8 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. This smells like even sweeter pink sugar, if that was at all possible. It's got a bit of a whipped creamy type of scent as an under-note, and possibly some strawberry. It's just fabulous!
  • Pink Sugared Fluff (8 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. Marshmallowy, sweet, sugary goodness topped with a pink sugar bow. Carol truly has the best pink sugar scent in wax. Love this one, and I often melt this on days when I don't feel like having variety...it's a good all-day scent!
  • Pink Sugared Peppermint (two 8 oz. bags): a repurchase for me. One of my top 3 favorites from Carol. AGHHHH, so good. It's strong, with a great balance between pink sugar and peppermint, and lasts a looong time. Heavenly!
  • Peppermint Noel (4 oz. bag): a repurchase for me. This is a creamy, sweet peppermint scent with huge throw and staying power. LOVE this, it's my second favorite CFTKR peppermint scent.
That's all, folks! Were you able to snag anything from Candles from the Keeping Room the past few times she has restocked? Let me know your favs, friends! <3

13 comments:

  1. Not all of your freebies were described. =(

    Looks like you got a lot of good ones. Pink Peppermint intrigues me. I don't remember if I tried someone's version of it last year or not. I've not had much luck with CFTKR. I did place a small order in that 'secret' opening she had but the ones I've melted haven't done much for me. I still have some winter scents waiting to be tried though.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me, not sure how those descriptions got deleted!

      Pink peppermint is my all-time favorite scent, and a must-try! I'm sorry you haven't had very good luck with CFTKR, but I hope your winter scents are better!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! What a great order! I love that candle holder --so cute!

    I took not of all your repurchases --that says a lot!

    ….all those great apples and cranberries in your samplers …my two faves right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend!! I hope you enjoy your apple and cranberry scents! And have a happy thanksgiving!!!

      Delete
  3. It just kills me to see you not like 'bread' or 'corn' those are literally my favorites! Any vendor I try, I always navigate towards those scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear to you, I really *have* tried to give corn and zucchini and bread scents a chance! More than a fair amount of chances, I'd say! I will start to save them for you! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Lauren I hope you burn your candle. I don't know some people keep them as decoration. I also love apple scents. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yamine! I hope you're enjoying your goodies!

      I think I might keep the candle for myself to burn, but I might also give it away for a gift for Christmas. It's just too pretty! I will have a hard time parting with it either way! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. So jealous of all that pink peppermint. Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all actuality, I waited over 2 hours to snag my bags of this scent, LOL! I am only mildly obsessed. It's definitely worth the wait, my friend! I hope you get whatever CFTKR you want soon! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  6. I love your candle!! I am going to have to break down and order from somewhere for a candle... And yep, Pink Peppermint is awesome!! I have never tried it from Carol, but I have a feeling it is fantastic! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really fortunate to snag a candle! I have heard great things about their burns and performance, so I'm excited!! Pink Peppermint is amazing, and Carol's is no exception! Happy Thanksgiving, Ashley!

      Delete
  7. This post is hazardous to my health.....look at all those scents!

    I laughed at Cranberry bog.....they're all thoughout MA (where I grew up)...and it's just what you think...a march with cranberries! All those Cranberry scents look so good!!! Cranberry cornbread looks awesome! I hope you still try it even though your not a corn person!!!

    the apples one look good too! Give Baked Apple a try....it's seems blah cold, but it's amazing lit! But Green Apple, now that's one I want to try!

    Okay, I'm browsing CFTKR now......so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)