Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy's Pink Peppermint Noel

I could talk about peppermint until I'm blue in the face.
I love it. So much. In any blend.
After being a wax fiend for almost 2 years, I've come to realize that I just always want my nights to consist of peppermint in some form. YUP!
Shanna, the owner of Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles', really does make quality wax, and her pink peppermint is one of the best and strongest. Pink Peppermint Noel is a sweeter, creamier version of pink peppermint, even just basing it off of the name. This is just as strong as it's uber-minty counterpart, which is pretty darn high, high, high! This makes for a great nighttime scent, actually, despite the sweetness. Sometimes, if a tart is too sweet in the middle of the night, it makes me feel a bit sick. I don't want my bedroom to smell like cakes and pies and coffee while I'm sleeping, I need something relaxing! Well, for some reason, vanilla bean noel is an exception to this rule. Shanna's VBN mixed with her pink peppermint really hits it out of the part all-around!

This scent shot  lasted for 12 whoppin' hours in my 24-watt hot plate warmer, and I would absolutely repurchase this scent. In fact, it probably would have gone a bit longer, had I not dumped it out. Remember friends, with soy wax, the longer it sits, the stronger it gets (THE MORE YOU KNOW, PSA, ETC).

~~~~~~~~~~
Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy's Pink Peppermint Noel
Cold Rating8/10; I get a lot of sweet vanilla on cold sniff, with whiffs of peppermint here and there, on a base of pink sugar. YUM.
Lit Rating: 8.5/10; insanely great! The peppermint comes out more while melting, and the pink sugar and vanilla bean noel only help enhance it. DOUBLE YUM.
Throw Rating8.5/10; fantastic throw for something with a "toner-downer" scent, as I call them (vanilla, marshmallow, swizzle stick candy....more often than not, these scents are added to tone-down and make a tart creamier, masking its original top note scent and sometimes making it less strong...wow, that was very stream of consciousness.
Overall Rating8.5/10; simply stellar! I love this scent, it's so, so good. I think I still prefer straight pink peppermint, of course, but it IS great. Awesome throw. Baseball. Peanuts. Circus peanuts. Elephants. CLOWNS ARE THE DEVIL. Ahhhhh, peppermint. And now, I sleep!

*Don't forget to enter my giveaway!*

1 comment:

  1. From throw to devil clowns! Lol I have the peppermint nose too. I love it! Going to put this one on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)