Heather Streetman, the owner, has some of the best customer service in the wax world, in my opinion. She has always been open to receiving feedback about her wax, and when something isn't exactly right, she's more than willing to try and tweak her scents ultimate performance. Speaking of this, she has recently changed her wax formula so that, instead of using an entire scent shot, you only need to use a bit here and a bit there to get great results.
Anyways, Heather decided to start a monthly sampler of her wax creations! Upon hearing this, I jumped at the chance to get my hands on one of the November samplers. I want to share with you what was in the sampler in this post. Follow me!
- Good Morning Oats: this one smells like the faintest oatmeal note behind a very powerful hazelnut note. Her hazelnut is one of the few that I like because it is so authentic and not overly buttery. It actually smells like her hazelnut coffee with a bit more creaminess, and a dash of oats. Very good.
- Peppermint Love: very nice! This is a bit of a sweet and herbal peppermint, made this way by the vanilla and lavender. I can't wait to melt this one.
- Cinnamon Streusel: LOOOOOOOOOOVE this one. Cinnamon and nutmeg and clove, how can you go wrong?! This does smell like those cinnamon candies, for sure. One of my favs.
- Tropical Fruit Slices: definitely tropical! I pick out hints of pineapple, possibly banana, and maybe some guava, or something along those lines.
- Spiced Orange & Cranberry: a bit of a woodsy yet sweet cranberry meets spices and orange. So, so good. Another favorite of mine!
- Pink Sugared Lemon Mallow: mmmmmmmmm, 3 of my favorite scents in wax all rolled up into one! And boy, is this good! I can't wait to see what this is like melted. Delish!
- Cherry ICSB (ice cream scoop bread): Heather makes one of the few ICSB that I actually like. Her cherry isn't a medicinal or waxy one, like so many cherries in wax smell like. Very lovely. Smells like cherry muffins!
- Cucumber & Mint: I immediately thought of my waxy pal Karen, who loves this blend. This one smells crisp, yet cooling from the cucumber. Not a favorite scent of mine, but I am willing to have my mind changed!
And an up-close look at their packaging. Simple, yet functional and pretty at the same time! Here are the 2-ouncers.
- Sweet Cranberry Harvest:
- Raspberry Sugar: I have had this scent before AND I LOVE IT. It is truly a sweet, delicious and ripe raspberry. Awesome scent, I'd be glad to pass this along to someone, if you think it's your thing!
- Pumpkin Pecan Blondies: I mainly get a bakery pecan from this, but there is a bit of pumpkin as an after note. Another one to melt in the kitchen to make it smell homey and wonderful! Looking forward to seeing if this has more pumpkin when it is melting!
- Frosted Sugar Cookie: Tony, Heather's husband, RAVED about this one on the Streetman Candles Facebook group page. I was looking forward to this, and I'm not disappointed. It's heavy on the icing, but I really don't mind it. I don't think Josh will like this one, though, so I might melt it in the kitchen. Very good!
- Hartwick Pines: booooooooooooooooooooooooy howdy, this is PINEY! Not that I mind at all, it is the season for that sort of thing! I really enjoy this, and am going to set it aside to melt while we put up our Christmas tree.
This is a new product for Streetman Candle Company: SCOOPABLE WAX!!! I know it's all the rage right now, and for good reason. Scoopables tend to throw better in light bulb warmers. Now, I have a lightbulb warmer, but I hate using it. I just want to be able to warm everything in one damn type of warmer!!!! I am opening my mind, though, and intend on comparing the throw between the lightbulb warmer (25 watts) and my hot plate warmer (24 watts). Anywho, here are the scoopable scents:
- Caribbean Breeze: another tropical blend, I pick up lots of orange and pineapple in this one. I like it, but I'm not in the mood for it because I over tropical'ed myself out during summer. I will probably save this to melt after the holidays.
- Indian Summer: incredible! This one is so nice! To me, it smells like fresh air/breeze note mixed with oranges, or some sort of marmalade-y fruit. Very lovely.
- Marshmallow & Pumpkin: Super creamy mixed with a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit of a spicy pumpkin. This is more of a sweet pumpkin, as the notes suggest, but I mainly get that marshmallow sweetness, too. Sweet. (How many times can a person say sweet??? LOL)
- Cherry Chip Cake: this one smells like a cherry cake, with possibly a chocolate note? Not sure, but I get a whiff of chocolate from time to time. Not a favorite, but again, I'm going to melt everything!
Finally, we have two sets of random shapes!
- Homespun Treasures: I have heard of this scent before, from CFTKR, I believe, though I've never tried it. I get a candied berry note with smallish hints of maybe cinnamon? Nice!
- Blueberry & Pumpkin: I cannot even believe I'm going to say this right now....but this might be my all-time favorite thing in the box. I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm not a blueberry fan, but this is SO FREAKIN' GOOD. Heather makes the best blueberry, IMO, and this is not disappointing at all. The pumpkin mixed with it creates something truly wonderful. Might break into this today! WOW!
Anyway, here's the Streetman Candle Company's very first sampler! Overall, I am extremely impressed with her blends and scents. I am most looking forward to her scoopable wax. YAY! Does anything look appealing to you, waxy friends?
Have a wonderful week! :)
Have a wonderful week! :)