Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lightning Round Reviews #22: Happy (Belated) 4th of July Edition!

Unfortunately for me, I was sick all last week, so all of our BBQ/fireworks plans got ruined. My sense of smell and taste are about 50/50 now, but each day it's improving.
Let me tell you, waxy friends, I went to the worst case scenario QUICK.
"What if I never get my sense of smell back? What will a wax fiend like me do with a closet full of wax if it never comes back? What if it's a worse underlying issue (DAMN YOU, WEB MD!!)? What's the average price for a destash?!" LOL, ohhhhh brother.

Anywho, I have some melts to review for you this afternoon, so enjoy!
Streetman Candle Company's Bubblegum Blend
Cold Rating7.5/10
Lit Rating: 8/10
Throw Rating: 8/10
Overall Rating8/10; LOVED this scent! It was so sweet and yet a little tropical and creamy. YUM. I must get more of this. I haven't smelled a bubblegum scent like this before, most of them I don't like because they smell artificial. This one was so good. I left this going for 10+ hours in the bathroom because I didn't want to part with it. Great throw, strong while melting, all around amazing! Repurchase for sure!
Streetman Candle Company's Citrus Blend
Cold Rating: 7/10
Lit Rating: 5/10
Throw Rating5/10
Overall Rating5/10; unfortunately, this scent smells much stronger on cold sniff. The throw and warm melting scent was diminished and I'm not sure why because it was bright and fragrant while in its little cup. Oh well! I would repurchase something like this
Streetman Candle Company's Bomb Pop
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 8/10
Throw Rating6.5/10
Overall Rating7/10; slightly rounded up. Brilliant scent while warming. It smells just like those Astro-Pops lollipops, and omg, reminds me of my childhood. YUM. Sweet, fruity, delicious. Not super strong, but not weak, either. Lasted 6 hours in the bathroom total. I would absolutely repurchase this!
Streetman Candle Company's Cherry Chip Cake
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 3/10
Throw Rating6.5/10
Overall Rating5/10; this scent was not for me. There was cherry, cake, and chocolate, but while warming, all I could smell was chocolate. Josh said this smelled like vomit, which I didn't think, but it was not my favorite. This is not the fault of Streetman, it's that we don't like chocolate. The cherry note was nice, but nothing else was. I would give her cherry scents 1,000 more tries, but I should know better than to try chocolate. Lasted about 30 minutes before I had to dump it. Not a repurchase. SORRY, HEATHER! :(
Streetman Candle Company's Pink Peppermint Clouds
Cold Rating: 6.5/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; very nice representation of pink peppermint! Could have been stronger on the pink sugar side. Sweeter peppermint than I have smelled before, it seems. Lasted 5.5 hours in the bedroom. Would probably repurchase! Quite lovely.
Streetman Candle Company's Perfectly Pear
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; a sweet pear scent with no spice, straight pear. This sort of smelled like the Scentsy version of the scent Honey Pear Cider, but without the honey or the cider (does that even make sense)? I might repurchase this, it lasted for 4 hours in the bathroom.
Beezy Tarts' Cherries in the Snow
Cold Rating: 4/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating4/10
Overall Rating4/10; you know how almond and cherry sort of sound the same from time to time? Well, this was called cherries and smelled like almonds, but in a weird way. In a perfumey way. Not a favorite of mine, and that impacted how I felt about it. Melted this for 2 hours in the bedroom before we couldn't stand it anymore.
Beezy Tarts' Cactus & Sea Salt
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 5/10
Throw Rating5/10
Overall Rating5/10; one of my favorite scents from one of my favorite vendors, but unfortunately, this was not that strong. It was a little strong on cold, but for some reason, not while it was warming. I should have cut this in half, but I used the entire thing. Oh well. I wouldn't repurchase it from Beezy because, again, this is another scent every other vendor seems to carry. Lasted 5 hours in the bathroom but was only strong for about 1 or so.
Beezy Tarts' Goofy Grape
Cold Rating: 6.5/10
Lit Rating: 8/10
Throw Rating7.5/10
Overall Rating7.5/10; WOW, never just a scent by its name. I usually think I hate grape scents, but OMG, this was fantastic. It smelled so sweet, so fruity, and so great, that I think it changed my mind about grape scents altogether. Lasted strong for 4-5 hours, but I let it stay in for about 12ish in the bathroom. Definite repurchase!!
Beezy Tarts' Madam President
Cold Rating: 4/10
Lit Rating: 5/10
Throw Rating5/10
Overall Rating5/10; this was a strange mix of fruity and some sort of perfumey scent. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it, either. It was not particularly strong, either, while warming or on cold sniff. I'd like to know what's in this, but I doubt it'd change my mind or enhance how I feel about it altogether. I let it melt for like 3 hours but might have taken it out sooner. Ehh, whatevs. Not a repurchase for me.
Beezy Tarts' Toasted Marshmallow
Cold Rating: 9/10
Lit Rating: 9/10
Throw Rating9/10
Overall Rating9/10; this is almost the most perfect toasted marshmallow scent! I wish it was a bit more toasted, but it was so, so good. And strong, too! Lovely, wonderful, Beezy is the best, etc. I would absolutely repurchase this, and I left this in the warmer for an entire day...it probably stayed strong for like 5-6 hours?
Beezy Tarts' Toasted Wildberry Mousse
Cold Rating: 7.5/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating7/10; a very nice scent, but I think it was old or something because there was a weird undertone to it that I didn't like. It sure was strong, but when melting, that undertone was all I could smell. Maybe it was a milky note, I don't know, but I don't think I'd repurchase this knowing that. Practically every vendor has wildberry mousse, so it's no real loss. I only melted this for 90 minutes because of the undertone.

Hope all you're having a wonderful July! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)