Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Review: Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery and Confections in Wax's Legally Blonde

Often times, vendors try to come up with kitschy, creative names for their scents, and sometimes, the names they choose end up being so far removed from the scent and its notes it's not even funny.
Enter Legally Blonde (AKA blonde moment).
I feel like if Elle Woods had a signature scent, it would, in fact, be Legally Blonde. It's so bubbly and fun and fruity and, for lack of a better term, "girly."
This scent is sort of out of my comfort zone, which sounds crazy because everyone likes super fruity blasts of goodness...right? Well, I do to an extent. I prefer my scents pink, or minty, or floral, or fruity on the more lemony/citrus side of life. Legally Blonde seems to have a slight fizzy note to it in general, like champagne, which really enhances the raspberry/berry fruitiness! JLCCW's version is okay, but it's not the strongest I've ever had. In fact, I like this more on cold sniff than I do while it's warming. Something in the background of this scent wasn't my favorite, and that being said, it wasn't horrible. Maybe it was a strange fruit note that isn't in other blonde moment blends? Regardless, this was nice and makes me want to watch "Legally Blonde" again. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~
Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery and Confections in Wax's Legally Blonde
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6.5/10
Overall Rating6.5/10; pretty alright throw. Not the best legally blonde/blonde moment I've ever tried, but it's still nice. Fruit explosion with a mix of champagne, but this is mostly fruit! Lasted 5 hours in the bedroom. Scents with weird names that are called things that sound nothing like anything in their scent notes. Movies from childhood being funnier as "real" adults. That time when Reese Witherspoon went crazy when she was drunk and pulled the "don't you know who I am?" card. Funny comparisons.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Poor Reese! That is funny. Glad to see a JLCCW review in light of her impending reopening. I like blonde moment all right. It can be a bit syrupy sweet at times. I like the effervescent notes. Speaking of funnier movies now that we have grown... I need to rematch parenthood.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)