Monday, April 22, 2013

Lightning Round Reviews #5!

So, I set a few blog posts to release this week, and none of them did. WUT???
I blame these jerks, PS: 'MURICA.
Anywhoozle, here are some lightning round reviews to tide you over. I have finally been melting more than 3 tarts a week in nu haus, so it's safe to start my Weekend Wax Reviews again. :)
Candles From The Keeping Room's Pink Sands
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating7/10 
Throw Rating6.5/10 
Overall Rating: 6.5/10 (decent dupe for the popular Yankee scent, nothing more to say about this).
Closet Full of Wax's Pink Sands
Cold Rating6.5/10
Lit Rating3/10 
Throw Rating3/10 
Overall Rating: 4/10 (there might as well of been nothing to this...hardly any throw at all. Disappointing, to say the least).
Candles From The Keeping Room's Spicy Apple & Peaches
Cold Rating5.5/10
Lit Rating5.5/10 
Throw Rating5.5/10 
Overall Rating: 5.5/10 (meh. Finding I don't like peach scents. And this spiciness doesn't really go with the apple and peach well).
Crabby Candle Co.'s Passionate Kisses
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating5/10 
Throw Rating: 7/10 
Overall Rating: 6/10 (was I having an off-week or something? This didn't smell good, either. Too fruity for me, but did have great throw!).
Candles From The Keeping Room's Pistachio Coconut Fluff
Cold Rating4.5/10
Lit Rating: 3.5/10 
Throw Rating: 6/10 
Overall Rating: 4.5/10 (slightly rounded down; strong, but not a fan at all...smelled really strange to my nose, maybe too coconut-y. I have another pistachio scent from Carol that doesn't smell like this at all, so maybe it's just the coconut addition).
Molten Melts Cinnamon Celebration
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating3/10 
Throw Rating2.5/10 
Overall Rating: 4/10 (slightly rounded up, I guess...the biggest disappointment of the bunch. This is a new vendor, and the first thing I have melted from Molten Melts. This was not strong AT ALL. I had to basically be drowning on top of the wax to smell anything while warming. Will try in a smaller room to see if the throw is consistent between large and small rooms...).
Tiffany Candles Candy Cane
Cold Rating6.5/10
Lit Rating6.5/10 
Throw Rating6.5/10 
Overall Rating: 6.5/10 (a lovely, sweet minty scent! Nice for any time of the year; love the red glitter on there, Tiffany!).
Front Porch's Vanilla Grapefruit
Cold Rating6.5/10
Lit Rating6/10 
Throw Rating4.5/10 
Overall Rating: 5.5/10 (weird B.O. smell coming from this tart, must have been from the grapefruit part because the vanilla smelled nice over the off-note. It was sort of there while melting, but it dissipated quickly. Not super strong while warming, though).
Yankee Candle's Simply Home: Fresh Water
Cold Rating: 7/10
Lit Rating8/10 
Throw Rating8/10 
Overall Rating: 7.5/10 (an amazingly fresh scent, great throw, but terrible burn most of the way...you can see residue at the bottom. Well, the wick caved in on itself towards the end, so it won't light anymore, but the scent is spectacular. I am lucky I got another one of these from Marshall's when I did!).
Front Porch's Pink Tea
Cold Rating6.5/10
Lit Rating7/10 
Throw Rating6/10 
Overall Rating: 6.5/10 (the "pink" in 97.2651008666% of Front Porch's "pink" scents is virtually non-existent. That being said, the tea note was nice).
Tiffany Candles Summer Creamsickle
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating8/10 
Throw Rating7.5/10 
Overall Rating: 7.5/10 (I thought I wasn't an orange fan, but this was amazing! I loved it! I got it for Josh since he is a fan of orange scents...I think the problem is orange bakery, I just don't like them in food or in wax. Yucka. Anywho, brilliant scent, would love this in a candle).

~~~~~~~~~~
Lots of stuff in the middle, some stuff on the bottom this time around. I will be back from my apparent and unintentional break now that I have "fixed" the "glitch." Happy melting, y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)