Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Sugar & Spice Gourmet's Pink Lemon Slices

Lemon is a bakery food staple around these parts.
Every year, I alternate between almond and lemon cake for Josh's birthday, and usually, we make the opposite item for the other one's birthday (my birthday is early May, Josh's is middle May).
I love lemon.
Josh loves lemon.
My mom's boyfriend doesn't like lemon because he's a communist, but that's besides the point. (JK GILFORD).
This is the one of the most authentic lemon scents I have smelled in wax, even with the addition of pink sugar. It's not cleaner lemon, not bakery lemon, it's just....lemon. Like, fresh sliced, opened up from a tree, zesting the rind kind of lemon.
With pink sugar, this scent is spectacular. It is so freaking strong! It's really bright and fresh, like you're making lemonade in your own kitchen. Delish! I love homemade lemonade.
Shanna, the owner of Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles, makes such amazing and strong wax that she has earned a new repeat customer with me (and I have ordered from her twice since my first order). I can't get enough! If you haven't already had the opportunity to try this vendor, you definitely need to add her to your "to try" list, and I'm not just saying this, but you won't regret it. She makes great blends.

~~~~~~~~~~
Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy's Pink Lemon Slices
Cold Rating: 8.5/10; very strong on cold sniff, even without much cure time (2 days, maybe?).
Lit Rating9.5/10; such a joy to melt...I don't think I frowned the entire time this was going in the office. It lasted a solid 10 hours, and would have gone longer, but I had to turn off the warmer.
Throw Rating9.5/10; brilliantly strong!
Overall Rating: 9.5/10; slightly rounded down up, it's worth every decimal point. Delicious and fragrant lemon paired with the pizzazz of pink sugar (too many P's??) makes for a refreshing treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)