Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lightning Round Reviews #23: More Bathroom Melts!

The warmer in my bathroom, my very first wax warmer, died the other day. May it rest in sweet smelling peace. I had to move my kitchen warmer into the bathroom because I melt so frequently in there now that I feel like having a handle on my bathroom warmer benefits me.....it makes sense in my mind.

Anyways, I have lots of bathroom melts for you all today, so come along and see how they fared!
Crabby Candle Company's White Tea & Mango
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 5.5/10
Throw Rating5/10
Overall Rating5.5/10; had high hopes for this one and was underwhelmed to say the least. I have tried this scent from other vendors and loved it and was hoping for the same results from Crabby. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I wouldn't repurchase this. The white tea note was overwhelmed by the fruitiness of the mango. Lasted 3 hours.
Crabby Candle Company's Hawaiian Rainbow Cake
Cold Rating: 5/10
Lit Rating: 4.5/10
Throw Rating: 3.5/10
Overall Rating4.5/10; again, another underwhelming tart. I can't make vendors have good wax, I can only report with my results and hope they take our comments to heart. There was a real faint cake note in this, but pretty much it was a tropical scent that wasn't strong at all. Meh. Lasted 3 hours. I might repurchase because what I did smell I liked, just hated that it was so weak.
Crabby Candle Company's Southern Ice Tea
Cold Rating5/10
Lit Rating: 4/10
Throw Rating: 4/10
Overall Rating4/10; oddly floral. Not super strong. Unfortunately not the best tea scent I have ever smelled. Didn't care for this much, only left it in 2 hours before dumping. Not a repurchase.
Dutch Candle Company's Blue Lime
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating: 7/10; really lovely! I had my doubts about this one on cold sniff, but it really was a great little melt while warming. Pretty decent throw, could smell this in other areas of the house. Not sure what's in this, but I liked it. Fruity and fun. Lasted 4 hours. Might repurchase if I ever buy from this vendor in the future.
Dutch Candle Company's Lily of the Valley
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 3/10
Throw Rating: 2/10
Overall Rating3.5/10; rounded slightly down. I was looking forward to this scent, but upon melting, it had almost no throw and barely any scent, unless I put my nose in the warmer. Unfortunate! I probably wouldn't buy this again. I did give this company 3 tries over the years and wasn't impressed generally. Lasted 2 hours before I cut my losses and dumped it.
Febreze's Grapefruit Fizz
Cold Rating10/10
Lit Rating: 10/10
Throw Rating10/10
Overall Rating10/10; would you believe it if I told you this scent was one of the best products I have ever tried? Holy cow, this was phenomenal!! The scent by itself was decent anyways, but then add in a stellar throw and impeccable melted scent, too? Amazing! I could smell this outside the house it was so strong. General grapefruit mixes with some sort of fizziness to give it a fruity/fresh scent that I crave. So, so good. Loved it. It seemed to last forever, definite repurchase. These clamshells have 6 cubes in them and a small cut on the front of the package so people can see what it smells like. I don't like this feature, but it didn't seem to impact how well it lasted and threw. Part of me couldn't help but wonder if there were any cleaning products in this because it smelled so fresh! LOL. Wonderful!
Cactus & Sea Salt - This scent is Very Powerful. Feels like your at the ocean smelling the salty water with undertones of driftwood, green cactus and sea spray.
Front Porch's Cactus & Sea Salt
Cold Rating8/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6.5/10; another scent that didn't perform the way I'd hope it would, but was still decent. One of my favorite fresh scents. Not as strong while melting and the throw wasn't as good as other have been. Might have been an old tart. Great for cleaning day. Fresh cactus mixed with saltiness that is really something else. Very sea-like and beautiful. Could have been stronger. Would repurchase. Lasted 5 hours.
Front Porch's Cinnamon Apple Cider
Cold Rating8/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating7/10; rounded slightly up. This smelled so good on cold sniff that I was a bit disappointed by its results while warming and for throw. It wasn't bad, just not what I wanted. It became more of a generic apple scent while melting. You win some, you lose some! Lasted 4 hours. I would probably repurchase this scent just because I can't get enough apple scents in the fall and wintertime. Not overly cinnamony for something that claims it is. Maybe I'm being overly negative about this one.
Front Porch's Loopy Lemon Cream
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 4/10
Throw Rating: 5/10
Overall Rating5/10; someone requested this a loooong time ago and wanted a dupe for the BSF scent Loopy Lemon Cream Noel. This is much lighter than that scent. It smelled great on cold sniff, but the throw and lit rating were not that great. It lasted a while, though the scent was minimal, about 8 hours. I probably could have dumped it after 6. I might purchase this again to compare and see if it's still just as poor performance wise. Remember, loopy is fruit loops, so if you're not a cereal fan, you won't like this anyways!
The best Marshmallow we have ever tested, just like the real gooey thing...love it and super strong scent throw!
Front Porch's Marshmallow
Cold Rating10/10
Lit Rating: 10/10
Throw Rating10/10
Overall Rating10/10; the best marshmallow scent in wax. So strong, so creamy, so good. Lasts what seems to be forever. Great all around the house. Melted 2 of these in the bathroom and 2 in the bedroom at the same time for a cloudy, pillowy marshmallow house! YUM! Sweet, delicious, fragrant, forceful. Always a repurchase, in any form or attached to any other scent!
Marshmallow Peppermint Twist- (In House Blend)- One of our best sellers, this strong peppermint blended with creamy marshmallow undertones.
Front Porch's Marshmallow Peppermint Twist & Pink Cupcakes
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating: 7/10
Overall Rating: 7/10; pretty good scent, though the cupcakes all but got lost in this, which might account for its high rating. Not that their cupcake scent is bad, just sort of buttery/buttercreamy. Lovely marshmallow and peppermint scent. Fresh. Lasted 5.5 hours, would repurchase. I melted the entire cupcake chunk, so I'd probably cut them in half next time.
Princess Gown- a perfume fragrant scent described to have floral hints of carnation, blood orange, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, with linen undertones. Very fragrant!
Front Porch's Princess Gown
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 6.5/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6.5/10; a bit out of my comfort zone, I got this from a giveaway box. I liked it a lot, actually! Yes, it was very floral, but not something that hurt my nose. The scent was mild overall while melting and the throw wasn't in your face. Very nice flowery mix plus some small wisps of fruitiness. Repurchase for sure. Lasted 5-6 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~
Have a splendid weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Grapefruit febreeze? I am finding I enjoy grapefruit wax. I will keep my eye out for it. Mmmmm! And FP marshmallow!!! Yum! Another scent they carry that is deceptively simple yet mind blowingly good is vanilla Noel. For some reason I had it in my head that princess gown is a dupe for a Dior perfume? Does it seem like it could be? Like miss Dior?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla Noel from FP! I need to get some more of that scent. Princess Gown may be a dupe of a perfume, but it wasn't overly so. Now I need to smell that perfume to compare!

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahaha! Lauren likes a commercial brand wax....and admits it!!!! =P
    I admit I have not seen that grapefruit one, but I haven't been glancing at the Febreze or Glade ones much during the non-fall/winter scents months.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't nothin' wrong with commercial brand wax, yo! You should try this, it's pretty great! ;)

      Delete
  3. look at febreze coming in hot. I enjoy grapefruit but it's one scent in wax Curtis can not stand. I just melted some the other day and he begged me not to ever melt grapefruit again.
    Febreze is on my radar now though --thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised that the Febreze melts were so strong and so wonderful! Poor Curtis, he'd HATE this, it's very grapefruity. I am wondering how the rest of them perform now!

      Delete
  4. I melted Hawaiian Rainbow Cake before and I liked it because of the lack of cake, but that's me the bakery hater! It threw well for me though. I also have White Tea & Mango, I am going to have to melt it soon to see how it compares against your experience! I am so curious what happened to Crabby, I like them well enough and would probably re-order if they have a good sale going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of vendors have a weird cake oil that they used and I wasn't a fan of theirs, but I am glad you liked it! Please let me know what you thought of white tea & mango, I had high hopes. It's so strange that they just disappeared!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)