Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Swift & Supersonically Snappy Short Review #31: K's Kreations' Sweet Orange Salsa

Does anyone actually make a salsa with orange in it? If it was like a fruit salsa, it'd be good, but orange in salsa? WEIRD.
A sassy, saucy combination of Valencia orange, tangerine, tart cassis, neroli, ground pepper, fiery chili pepper, sheer musk.
K's Kreations' Sweet Orange Salsa
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 2.5/10
Throw Rating3/10
Overall Rating3.5/10; had potential to be great but ultimately failed. Hardly any warm sniff scent and barely enough throw to smell above the warmer. In fact, I didn't pick up any of the notes listed above while melting, not even orange! Sad when scents don't live up to their potential. It had a strange plastic-y fruit smell. Lasted an hour before I just cut my losses. Compelling scent and blend that I'd love to try from another vendor. Rainbow theme and labels prevalent from K's, and if you know me, you know I love anything with rainbows! Orange tree in the backyard finally having oranges sweet enough to use. Learned how to make our own salsa, it's always better to make it yourself!

3 comments:

  1. I've definitely had mango salsa but never orange! Sounds very juicy lol. Anyways, from the scent description it sounds like the Sweet Orange Chili Pepper oil, which I am in love with!!! Bummer it didn't throw though, I've never been able to get much from K's. It is a shame though because her rainbow brittle is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had so much potential! I only seem to have good luck with K's if it gets melted sooner rather than later, and it's only with certain scents. Bummer indeed, her rainbow brittle is some of the coolest looking wax!

      Delete
  2. I am sad to hear that K's didn't throw well for you, it's on my list to-order and she has such great scents!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)