Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lightning Round Reviews #24: Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery and Confections in Wax Super Post

JLCCW (Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery and Confections in Wax) closed to focus on her family almost a year ago. I totally get this, family comes first! I can usually get over vendors closing, but I must admit, I was sad about her closure! Well, I thought we were saved because she was planning on re-opening in the fall this year. Naturally, I went through a melting spree of her tarts, assuming I could get more. Well, she's not going to be reopening, as it turns out, so I am left with tons of melts to review for you! I wish her the best and hope that, when things calm down, she will open again, she has one of my favorite spicy scents ever.
JLCCW's Legally Blonde Noel
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; her version of legally blonde is a pretty one, and when it's mixed with vanilla bean noel, it's not half bad! It's not all that strong, but it's nice enough. Sweet and slightly creamy. Lasted for about 4 hours.
JLCCW's Melon Ball Fizz
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating: 4/10
Overall Rating5.5/10; nothing fancy about this scent, either. I think melon ball fizz works better as a mixer as opposed to a stand alone scent. It was okay, just a basic melon scent, and also nothing fizzy about it. Lasted 3.5 hours.
JLCCW's Monkey's Delight Aloha Pineapple
Cold Rating5/10
Lit Rating: 3/10
Throw Rating4/10
Overall Rating4/10; this blend I didn't care for. I think this was a random scent I asked Jen to make for me (I asked her to give me whatever she had or whatever she wanted). The monkey's delight wasn't particularly tropical, but did have banana for sure. When it mixed with the pineapple, it was cloyingly and artificially sweet and I didn't like it one bit. I only melted it for 2 hours.
JLCCW's Pink Sugar Cookie Dough
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 3/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating5/10; I did not care for this one while melting. It had a very weird, off smell to it that was almost rancid note.It had medium strength but I couldn't get over that weird scent, so I dumped it after 30 minutes. It's gotta be the sugar cookie dough. :/
JLCCW's Pink Toasted Marshmallow
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating7/10; a decent pink marshmallow! I didn't get anything particularly toasted about this, but it was nice nonetheless. Good throw, lasted 5 hours. I wish it had more pink, though!
JLCCW's Pink Wicked Watermelon
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; pretty good, but not as juicy as other watermelon scents I have smelled. This wasn't my favorite watermelon blend, but it was a solid medium all around. Lasted 5.5 hours.
JLCCW's Toasted Marshmallow Pink Sugar Legally Blonde
Cold Rating8/10
Lit Rating: 8.5/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating8/10; one of the best things about JLCCW is that she let people blend scents (up to 3, I think). This was spectacular! It was really nice to see a fruity scent like legally blonde mixed with pink sugar marshmallow! It was pretty strong on cold sniff, and decent enough while melting. Lasted 6 hours!
JLCCW's Vanilla Pear
Cold Rating5/10
Lit Rating: 5/10
Throw Rating5/10
Overall Rating: 5/10; this was pretty generic, actually, nothing too special about it. The pear was more of a muddled fruitiness and the vanilla was sort of sweet. Really nothing strong or wonderful, just sort of there. Lasted 3 hours in the bathroom.

My JLCCW stash is almost gone, and when Jen said she wasn't going to reopen, I made it my mission to finish off what I had left so I didn't hang onto it like I was doing. The notion of doing that is silly, and I am trying to retrain my wax thinking when it comes to hoarding scents I love!

2 comments:

  1. You are right. Should not hoard, just melt and enjoy! I have a hard time with this if it is a really cool shape or if the scent is no longer available and I adore it. Looks like there were a few good ones in there. I was looking forward to trying her out but maybe it is for the best ;-) hope you have a great upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of these sound delicious! I actually think the banana-pineapple one sounds good haha. I was never a huge JLCCW fan, but I definitely miss her Cheer Bear Dough scent. It was a strawberry crunch and sugar cookie dough and I haven't found a suitable substitute since! Hope you enjoy the rest of your JLCCW melts Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)