Thursday, April 2, 2015

Order of the Odor: Volume 8


We hope your spring is blooming with beautiful weather and happy circumstance.

Have you been craving any particular scents this month?
This month, I have been really into sherbert-y scents. Anything with a melange of tons of fruit and creaminess have been right up my alley. At night, I find myself wanting marshmallow scents, which is weird since I am exclusively a minty nighttime melter, but anything mixed with marshmallow has been my jam.

Are you a seasonal melter?
This is an interesting question for most wax-heads. I know I'm not, but I still like to mix it up during more appropriate, seasonally 'early' months. I used to think I was the only non-seasonal melter and that I was a wax ~*rebel~* because I could melt anything at any time. Living in Southern California where it's sunny 355 days of the year, I've learned to simply melt what I am craving, regardless of the season! Lately, I can be seen melting tree/pine/Christmas scents through March, while mixed with fruity and tropical scents of course, and I can be seen melting fruitiness throughout the year regardless of the month. Does any of this make any sense?! LOL. I wouldn't, however, melt pine scents in the dead of summer. That ish cray, yo. 

Please share with us your answers to these questions in the comments and see what is going on in the following waxy blogs:

Deb, over at It's Always Something, has found a rich buttery sugar cookie tart that you NEED to try! Best part? It is really affordable and may be only an errand away! 

Pop over to Fragrance Obsessed to see what incredible blends Sunnee ordered from Sniff My Tarts, and find out what scent she is head over heels in love with enough to order a full sheet cake in....

Ready for another fabulous 10 out of 10 high performing tart from Lolo?! This one even smells like the much lauded London Calling candle from Bath & Body Works. Come check out what vendor creates this awesome tart!

As waxies, we are probably all familiar with Scentsy, but what are some of Julie's top Scentsy picks that stand out from the vendor crowd? 

10 comments:

  1. I'm a seasonal melter, for sure, and I was thinking as I read your post that if lived somewhere seasonless I would almost HAVE to reserve the pumpkins and spiced apples for fall, and the pines and mints for Christmas, just to sort of help it *be* that season.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty much my MO with wax..... Intensify subtle seasons.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you! There is a distinction between certain tree and cinnamon scents IMO, ones that are more lenient and forgiving for mid-March, or even some coconutty scents that might work in early September! It definitely helps get in the Christmas mood to melt "Christmas" stuff!

      Delete
  2. Christmas in July! You could melt pine whille watching HSN and QVC sell Christmas goodies in the dead of summer >_< My sister, Lindsey, would totally do that and watches that special every year.

    Mmmmmm marshmallows and sherbets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HSN and QVC have Christmas specials?! Well, I sort of understand, that's when I begin to buy fall and winter wax, simply so it's cured by the time the holiday rolls around! Me and Lindsey would get along great! ;)

      Marshmallows and sherberts, but together?? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah buddy!

      Delete
  3. Right now I am really into melting clean type scents. I can't seem to get enough of Biolage Matrix. And I am definitely a seasonal melter. I'm starting to put more tropical fruits, florals and 'green' type scents into rotation. On those rainy days, I definitely do darker type musky scents. Living in Minnesota, I just can't do summery type scents in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean or fresh scents are my jam on cleaning days. Any particular fresh or florals you love? Rainy day lends to a cinnamon scent in this house, but it hardly ever rains in San Diego! I could definitely see not liking summery scents in the winter.

      Delete
  4. In a strange way, I think I am a seasonal melter. Being in the tropics, I prefer melting fruity-florals! But when it rains and cools down, I do get in the mood for a bit of bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a strange way, I think I am a seasonal melter. Being in the tropics, I prefer melting fruity-florals! But when it rains and cools down, I do get in the mood for a bit of bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bakery scents on a cool day are really lovely! I crave those spicy, homey scents when it's cold, but we never get any rain in San Diego, so I sort of have to find ways around that! LOL!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)