Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: White Barn's Marshmallow Fireside 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle

Have you ever been camping?

I have, two or three times, in fact.
...And I know I'm in the minority, but guess what: It's terrible.

On the flip side, my best friend is an adventurer. If it involves hiking, sleeping outside, or the wilderness in general, he'll be there in a heartbeat.

...it might sound like a joke, but I've always maintained that my idea of camping involves a hotel. With nice, fluffy pillows. And an ice machine close by. A spectacular view. Poolside drinks and a bubbling, scorching spa. With room service.

Hey, a gal can dream, can't she?  :)

The only parts I miss about camping are the sights and smells. The picturesque mountains on a dew-filled morning, fresh, damp leaves and tree needles, a roaring fire, crackling every few seconds with delight...yes, these things would get me to camp again.

Speaking of a crackling fire, s'mores are one of my favorite desserts. There's something about their simplicity, yet maintain their ability to be altered that makes me crave them.
Marshmallows in general are the very definition of happiness.



Well, folks, Bath & Body Works carries one of my new favorite candles: White Barn's Marshmallow Fireside. There's a reason this one's a fan favorite: it smells exactly like toasting marshmallows on an open fire at a campsite. Cold, this candle smells heavenly, like you could eat it straight out of its container (except for that whole dying thing...). On the surface, this candle is sweet, but not so sweet that it makes you ill. When lit, you uncover a smokey, woodsy note that cuts the marshmallow sweetness perfectly to create an intoxicating scent memory...
[...even if that memory is one of a camping trip that took place waaaaaay too soon after an all-night, lock-you-in-the-gym-because-we-had-to graduation after"party," on very little sleep, before energy drinks were very popular...]

Sorry, I got sidetracked on reminiscing! Bottom line: this candle is homey, warm, cozy...everything that embodies fall and winter. My particular candle had a bad burn at times, with low flames and bad wax pooling. I wish the throw was as strong as this candle smells when unlit, but it still fills one room really well.

...I am going to make it a point to hoard everything Marshmallow Fireside scented before the products run out after Christmas!

~~~~~~~~~~
White Barn Marshmallow Fireside
Cold Rating: 8/10
Lit Rating: 6/10; my candle had a very bad burn at times, but still did a pretty decent job of filling one room with scent.
Throw Rating: 6.5/10; it had its moments of barely any throw.
Overall Rating: 7/10; visions of huddling around a campfire, toasting fluffy, white pillows of decadence, woodsy and slightly burnt deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)