Friday, March 14, 2014

Review: The Melting Fairy Wax Co.'s Box #3 Melted Review!

Heyo!
So, my last box from The Melting Fairy trial subscription has come and gone. I'd like to thank Grace for the chance to review her wax, I had a really great time testing everything for her! I wish you much success in your waxy adventures!
Here are my reviews for the third box. Enjoy!
This time, the box had another label on it! 2/3 of them did, and I really like their really unique label!
The normal thank you note, complete with the scent description for the custom blend of the month, Valentines Day Fluff Brulee.
It seems like lots of vendors are doing chunks now, and I am not complaining. I love chunks and everything about them. They are so pretty, and this one is no exception.

The Melting Fairy's Valentine's Day Fluff Brulee (CUTE NAME!)
Cold Rating5/10
Lit Rating: 3/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating: 5/10; now, as with all my reviews, take what I have to say with a grain of salt. This chunk was too overpowering for what it was. I'm already not so much a fan of the creme brulee genre of scents, but something in this was very milky and not to my liking. That being said, that milkiness came through more when melting. But, I cannot discount how strong this scent was as far as throw. WOW. I melted this in the bathroom, and while it didn't last longer than 3 hours in my house, it would have probably gone longer, but I needed to change the scent. Not for me, but creme brulee fans might like this!
The Melting Fairy's Carrot Cake
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating: 5.5/10
Overall Rating: 6/10; a very nice interpretation of carrot cake! I wish it would have been stronger. I got little bursts of this for the first hour, and then it lasted about 5 more hours as a mellow background scent. It was spicy, yet sweet, but not overpowering. I could really pick up the cream cheesiness in this, which mainly came off as sweetness. If it was stronger, I'd buy it in bulk!
The Melting Fairy's Mango Sorbet
Cold Rating4/10
Lit Rating: 4/10
Throw Rating: 3/10
Overall Rating4/10; I was looking forward to this the most, mainly because I'm typically not a mango fan. I think it's too sweet for my liking. Well, to be honest, this just wasn't that strong. It did smell sweet and slightly tropical, but even in a smaller room like the bathroom, this wasn't super strong. I left it in the warmer for 12 hours and it was pretty much a "stand right over it to smell it. Sad.
The Melting Fairy's Lemon Meringue Pie
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 7.5/10
Throw Rating7.5/10
Overall Rating7.5/10; fabulous scent! This really, really smells like lemon meringue pie straight from a bakery! The throw of this was medium-high, which was a welcome surprise! I melted this in the bedroom with great results, and even smelled it from the back when we walked into the house after a movie run. Mmmmmm, now I want some pie!
The Melting Fairy's Birthday Cake
Cold Rating7/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating: 7.5/10
Overall Rating7/10; I want to bathe in this scent. Mmmmmm!!! It's just your wonderful, delicious, sweet and creamy birthday cake with lots of frosting. YUM. Really, this one is good. It lasted 5 hours in the bedroom and stayed pretty strong right until the last half hour or so!
The Melting Fairy's Iced Pineapple
Cold Rating5/10
Lit Rating: 4/10
Throw Rating4/10
Overall Rating: 4/10; the overall scent of this was fine, just a little bland. Everyone knows what pineapple smells like and that's just fine and dandy, but these 2 tarts weren't particularly that strong. At any rate, this was okay, but for a scent with not a lot going on, I should have been blown away by the throw.

This box was, again, hit or miss. Some scents do extremely well as far as scent throw and longevity, and others don't. I did not continue my subscription with The Melting Fairy, mainly because I forgot to pay for the next month, plus I was waiting for a nail polish Spring 2014 launch and was reserving funds for that. Will I continue in the future? Perhaps. I like that the box is a 3-month subscription, but some months I want to wait to buy my wax. I like that this vendor is offering such a box, but I feel like some throw and blend issues could be tweaked a bit. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to try this vendor out, and please, check out the links below to see reviews and keep up with this vendor!

~~~~~~~~~~
-Join The Melting Fairy Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/565037053589411/
-Follow The Melting Fairy on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/TheMeltingFairy
-Sign up for The Melting Fairy (for $10 + $4.50 shipping) herehttp://themeltingfairy.com/
-Check out Deb's (It's Always Something...)'s thoughts on The Melting Fairy here: http://somethingalwayz.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Melting%20Fairy
-See what suukasi on YouTube has to say about her box here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevglcORxdI
-Visit LoveForLacquer for their thoughts here: http://www.loveforlacquer.com/2014/01/the-melting-fairy-monthly-wax.html

1 comment:

  1. The box was a fun little thing to look forward to... But KBShimmah!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)