Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wickless Wednesday (On Thursday): KBShimmer Spring 2014 Nail Polish Haul!

When I started trying "indie" brands of nail polish, I came across KBShimmer and, on a whim, bought a polish and instantly fell in love.

1 or 2 bottles of their polish quickly turned into 12 or 13.
DON'T JUDGE ME. ;)

Now, I have amassed quite a collection after their most recent Spring 2014 launch. Between their brilliant glitter polishes and their super rich looking cream colors, I am OBSESSED. I'm sure people online were getting tired of me blabbing about their launch.
Well, my package came in the other day and I wanted to share it with you. I don't own colors like these in my collection already, so I felt okay going a little bit crazy. Plus, their prices are super reasonable!
Here's a look at all of my pretties!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Let's take a closer look, shall we?
Belle of the Mall is the one I went back and forth on the most. I don't own very many reddish polishes (pink yes, red no), and I know that glitter is a pain in the keister to remove, but I was drawn to it for some reason, probably the gorgeous color. It's got that wonderful KBShimmer chock-full-o-glitterness combined with a reddish/pink base. I can't wait to wear this! It's so pretty!
As always, KBShimmer has the best, most fabulous white polishes that are flooded with colorful hex and sparkly glitter pieces. Full Bloom Ahead is no exception! A take off of their famous Oh Splat! polish (one of my all time favs), this one boasts a very nice assortment of springy colors such as teal, yellow, orange and even some dark blue and fuchsia! This is probably my favorite glitter polish of the ones I bought just because I am a sucker for anything in a white base. Beautiful!
When I saw other bloggers swatching Rush Flower Traffic, I knew I needed it. This one is a glitter polish in a clear base and damn is it bright! I love the way each of the colors play off of one another to create a really cool, springtime topper. This one is just swell and I already have a few manis in mind for this one.
 
One of the coolest things about KBShimmer is her polish names. Aren't they freaking creative? Really, love them! Prism Break is a linear holographic topper polish. Just in case you're not familiar with linear holographic polishes, those are polishes where, when they are spread out over the nail, you can sort of get a rainbow effect from it! Linear holographic polishes are really cool and can take a simple manicure over the top if the polish is good...and this one is! I can already tell this is going to make a splendid bling-fest.
Have I ever mentioned that (besides rainbow, lol) yellow is my favorite color? Many of the other people I saw preview this collection said that while the formula and color were good, the mustard yellow polish didn't suit them. Well, that just means there's more for me! I love yellow polishes, the brighter and flashier, the better. Chick Me Out is the start of the cream colors I purchased in this haul and the very first one I added to my cart. I went straight for it. I love it so, so much, and I think it will look fantastic when paired with Rush Flower Traffic. UGH, it's so gorgeous, and, another color that is missing from my (growing) collection.
Honeydew List is a very nice creamy pastel, lighter green polish. I have been really loving pastels for the past few months and this one was a definite showstopper. While it might seem simple, I really don't have anything quite like this polish, either! Sure, I have a turquoise and a lime green, but this sort of fits in between both of those, just more green and less flashy. Love this one.
Do you own any gray polishes? I don't, and I haven't really seen too many that have caught my eye. My Life's Porpoise had a cute name, an attractive not too dark gray color, and I think it's going to be an all-around good cream to have. I swear this leans a little on the blue side of gray to me, do you notice that?
A Touch of Glass is a minty sea-green/blue polish that's a real looker. I can never have too many mint green/blue polishes, really. I think I have something similar to this which is a shame because I don't like having so much polish that I don't know what to do with. I think I will swatch them all next to one another and go from there. For now I will say that I think this is a really pretty pastely polish, I just hope I don't have this exact polish elsewhere already!
Last but not least, we have Life Rose On, a rosy pink polish that is brighter in person that in this picture. Boy, is this one pink! I'm okay with light pinks, so I took a chance on this one. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Obviously, I won't be able to tell until it's on my nails, but I find my skin color looks better with lighter shades of pink. We shall see. It is very pretty, though, it sort of looks like it has blue or purple undertones in the light, too.

That's my most recent KBShimmer polish, folks! I love this company so much and have never been disappointed, that's why this post is so overwhelmingly positive without actual swatches. I can't wait to get the last few ones from this collection for my birthday! :D

9 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am so happy you told me about this spring launch! I have worn belle of the mall and LOVE it! I have a bright yellow I love to wear but I can't do mustard shade with my skin tone. They grey is gorgeous. I have two greys in my collection and they get frequent use. I would love to see the yellow and rush glower mani! KB has a blurple I want. Thinking I will go back and get it. Hmmmm... Bday coming in May? Exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Love Prism Break and Belle of the Mall! Life Rose On would be pretty for a pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a chance to use any of these yet, but Belle of the Mall will be my first! I agree about Life Rose On, I think I might wear this for my next pedicure! :)

      Delete
  3. So beautiful!! And your pics are wonderful too! I have always loved KB Shimmer polishes, though I haven't bought any in quite some time! What a perfect collection for spring. Holo! Pastel creams! Colorful glitter! This post might throw me over the edge. Belle of the Mall, Full Bloom Ahead and Touch of Glass may have to be mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all but the white one with the bling is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do white polishes with glitter amazingly! You can't go wrong with any of them!

      Delete
  5. Oh girl these are amazing. I only have two KB Shimmers that I bought several years back and I've been eyeing some for such a long time but keep forgetting to go to her site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a fan of glittery polishes, I highly suggest her whites with glitter...they really are some of the best out there! I hope you buy some more soon, I'd love to see your swatches and pictures on your Instagram and blog! :)

      Delete
  6. One of us... one of us!!
    I've always loved KBS and all things glittery. Have you heard of Lynnderella? I was going to suck it up and buy one of her glitter-tastic bombs until the indie nail polish business exploded and all the drama with her happened.
    How big has your overall nail polish collection gotten?? I feel so out of the loop now >_>

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)