Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Granny's Kountry Candles' Hawaiian Sugar

In the past, Granny's Kountry Candles and I have not mixed well with one another. My mistake was buying scent shots instead of their other melts in cello bags (used to be foil, but they were breaking in transit); I know lots of people who have had both bad AND good luck with their scent shots. Me? not so much.
...but this was AMAZING.
Granny's Kountry Candles always puts in amazing samples in the Simply Sensational Sampler, and the May bag was no different. One month, it was a 16oz. butterball candle. The next, May, a teacup candle AND this little wax melt!

(I actually won the May bag and did not have to pay for it! Heather Streetman offered a contest where, if you had made a YouTube video of your thoughts or unboxing of the bag, you could enter however many videos you'd made for that same number of entries. I had made 3 videos, and I was the winner! YAY!)

Anyways, the scent of this wax melt is Hawaiian Sugar. There is most definitely pink sugar in here on a bed of tropical fruits and hula scents. I don't see this offered on her website, but if it was, I would buy it in bulk. It lasted over 3 days with scent! It is contained in a little metal casing (I tried to remove the wax, as you can see it started to come apart from the edge, but no dice, so I just let it melt OVER the metal piece, and it was no biggie). This was a lovely scent and makes me want to (eventually) repurchase from GKC again. :)

~~~~~~~~~~
Granny's Kountry Candles' Hawaiian Sugar
Cold Rating7/10; super strong on cold sniff. Great mix of Hawaiian type fruitiness and pink sugar.
Lit Rating8/10; for both scent, scent throw and longevity, this gets an 8. Just a brilliant mix of scents! Love that it lasted so long, and love that I could smell all of the different layers of this scent.
Throw Rating: 7/10; great throw, could smell this throughout the entire house.
Overall Rating: 7.5/10; rounded slightly up on this one because it deserved it. Love of pink sugar remains. Want to go on vacation. Reinventing GKC in my mind. Other general niceties.

4 comments:

  1. Probably one of the prettiest tarts I've ever seen. Nice!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny's really does make very pretty tarts! When I couldn't figure out how to get it out of the little metal plate, I thought, maybe I can just keep it because it's so pretty! But alas, it smelled too good not to melt.

      Delete
  2. Agree with Deb, such a pretty tart--I wouldn't want to melt it! It sounds amazing too. ...and it lasted 3 days, whhhaat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of the nights I forgot to turn the warmer off and IT STILL THREW into the next morning!! :D

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)