Sunday, May 25, 2014

Random Post: 12 Questions Tag!

Today, I wanted to do something fun and not (really) wax related!

Hope you like these tag posts, because I do! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
As far as domestically, it been my dream to go to New York at least one time in my life. I have always had a fascination with NY and everything related to it, so that would be a dream come true. Also, I have wanted to go to Australia, too, and I know that's not too exotic, but I'd love to go there sometime!

2. What made you start a blog?
At the time I started this blog, I was into big candle vendors like Yankee, Bath & Body Works, etc, and I had no idea the online wax vendor existed. A quick search made me find Scentsy, and from there, many of the vendors I have come to know and love today. I figured, why not blog about my experiences with vendors and scents in general, since there weren't too many blogs like that at the time. I haven't looked back since, even though I don't always update regularly!

3. What weapon would you bring with you in the zombie apocalypse?
I don't know how to shoot a gun, so that'd be useless. I don't know that I'd be any good with a smaller weapon like a knife, so I might pick a sword for the sheer size. Plus, if "The Walking Dead" has taught me anything, they are relatively quite, and noise attracts zombies, so that seems like a safe bet for me!

4. Would you rather only be able to wear 1 lipstick for the rest of your life or 1 nail polish?
One nail polish, and it would probably be something gold or silver and sparkly. I only wear one lipstick anyways (Lady Gaga's Viva Glam pink lipstick, seen here), so that's sort of a no-brainer.

5. How do you take your coffee? And if you don't drink any, what do you drink in the morning?
All the coffees + Lolo = HAPPY DAYS. I gotta have my java every day! I like the strongest, boldest, darkest roast I can find, usually dolled up with half and half and sugar or vanilla creamer. If I am going to Starbucks, I fluctuate between a tripe grande white mocha (no whip) and an iced hazelnut macchiato. Now I need some joe!

6. What is your favorite beauty product right now?
I am still loving the Naked 3 palette that Josh got me for Christmas. It's so simple and yet there are so many different things you can do with it! As far as that goes, I am loving the hemp hand protector cream from The Body Shop...that stuff works miracles.

7. What makes you feel the sexiest? (an article of clothing, a certain lipstick shade, a pair of shoes, etc?)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...that's tough because I don't really think of myself as sexy. Funny, sure, cutesy, maybe, but sexy? Ehhhhh...If I am being honest, I'd probably say a good, deep red polish on my fingernails and toes.

8. What is your favorite blog or YouTube channel? (prepare for A TON of links, lol)
Wax Blogs (all in alphabetical order): Fragrance Obsessed (Sunnee), It's Always Something... (Deb), ScentsMakeMyDay (Ashley), YankeeCandleSisters (Jenna and Kari Ann)

Non-Wax Blogs: Dan The Movie Man Reviews (movie reviews) Plain Chicken (food), The Impulsive Buy (food reviews), What's Good at Trader Joe's? (Trader Joe's reviews)

Wax YouTube channels: Charmed Leo (Jason, but I don't know where he has been), Jessi Campbell (mah gurrrrrrrrrl), MericP86 (Maggie)My Random Favorite ThingsScentMyWay (Keren), Sheri Courtssuukasi (Karen), TheNoseKnows76 (Jason), TouchTheFireTwice (Josh), vnetta662 (Vnetta)

Non-Wax YouTube channels: Clean My Space (amazing cleaning tips), Crazy Russian Hacker (this guy is nuts, lol), DoItOnADime (living on the cheap), Epic Rap Battles of History (HILARIOUS), Essie Button (vlogs) (she's adorable and I want to be her friend), Grace Helbig (so, so funny, but NSFW), Lindsey Does Nails (the best nail vlogger...she's so awesome!), Sam the Cooking Guy's livecast (local San Diego chef, he's my fav!), Screen Junkies (movie trailers), Zoella

OMG that took forever. :P

9. What is one thing that you truly admire in another person?
Compassion and warmth, acceptance and honesty, and a well placed sense of humor. Also, the ability to get my weird ass sense of humor is a huge plus (and part of the reason Josh and I work so well together). ;)

10. What is your favorite color to wear on your nails right now?
Currently (and, well, always), I am loving pastels and glitter polishes. The more glitter, the better, and the more color, the better. Flashy is fun in spring and summer!

11.  What advice would you give to someone who's thinking about starting a blog or YouTube channel?
If you're starting a wax blog, be nice, but not too nice. Be critical, but don't be too critical. And never, EVER back down on your position. Don't just give good reviews in exchange for free wax, that's a BIG no-no. If you hate something, say it. If you love it, praise it. There's no point in lying. If a vendor is worth their salt, they will see your reviews and comments as a chance to change their business/formula/way of being and take your words as potential positive experiences or learning guides, not criticism or "haterade." Be yourself, be truthful, and most of all, have fun!

12. What is/was life like for you in high school and what advise would you give your past self now that you have lived through it?
At the time, I thought I knew it all. I thought I hated high school at the time, and sure, some of it sucked, but other parts were incredible, like getting to see my friends every day, getting to share and make fun memories with them, falling in love, even getting my heart broken a time or two was "fun" because I got to know some amazing people out of it. I didn't give a flying youknowwhat when I was in high school, but that all changed in college. I shaped up, got straight A's, and really bettered my educational habits in college. If I could give my past self advise, I'd tell myself to fight for things more: to fight for friends, to fight for love, to fight for what's right, to fight for my grades, to fight for myself.


Any and all of you with a blog/YouTube channel, PLEASE do this, these can be fun! :)

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your answer to #1 isn't Oshkosh, Wisconsin. *shakes head in disbelief*

    I'm totally going to do this.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's second on my list! ;)

      I need to visit your blog and see if youve done this. The wifi in our hotel is spotty at times! I am runnin' 4G, baby! ;)

      Delete
  2. I want to go to NY too! One day :-) Australia has always been my answer to this question too! I think it is the animals that draw me. Naked3!!!! I eyeball that pallet so hard when I go into Sephora. It begs to come home with me. I think I will pick it up during the 20% off sale during the holidays this year. Next Thursday I am going to Starbucks and trying one of your drinks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like rose gold tinted eyeshsfoe, you will love the Naked 3. When is this magical 20% off Sephora sale?!? All their pallets seem really great! I hope you get to go to NY some day, that or Oz Oz Oz, oi oi oi!! the triple white mocha is calling to me! :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)