Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: Candles from the Keeping Room's Orange Cream Filled Twinkie

I hate to admit it, but when Twinkies went away for a while there, I died a little inside.
(One of the main reasons is because, at the time, my mom's fiance worked for the company and got pretty majorly screwed over, but that's a story for another day, kids)
Twinkies are, ashamedly, delicious and wonderful and magical.
...just not in wax. For me, anyway.
Since scents like vanilla, marshmallow, and some cake blends tend to be lighter by nature, the the scent they are coupled with needs to be wonderful and bring out the good parts of the Twinkieness.
I don't know if it's the 'orange' or the Twinkie, but I didn't particularly like this scent. To me, this smelled more like something else completely mission from the scent description...I can't put my finger on it, but it almost smelled like something with watermelon. I don't know if this was mislabeled, but it sure didn't smell orangey.
Given all this, I did let it melt for quite a few hours since I (sort of) avoided the bedroom. I didn't know what to make of this one and I tend to believe it was mislabeled, or maybe I'm wrong and I just don't like it. Either way, not a repurchase for me.

~~~~~~~~~~
Candles from the Keeping Room's Orange Cream Filled Twinkie
Cold Rating5/10; not really bad since this is a paraffin tart.
Lit Rating: 4/10; I just didn't really like this one bit. It was strange and not orangey.
Throw Rating5/10; average throw, but I didn't mind because I didn't care for this.
Overall Rating5/10; something about orange and Twinkies doesn't match. Hostess can suck it. Twinkies > Ding Dongs. Ding dong the witch is dead? Sun Man tarts are the best! Man in the wax watching me...Paranoia setting in! WAX MAN WATCHETH!!

6 comments:

  1. Lol!!! You are hilarious! Sun man went from cool to creeper in seconds. I am one who did not enjoy any of the Twinkie blends either. Mine were all super light. There are so many great blends she does though. Twinkies are yummy. I was always a star crunch girl when I was young, then oatmeal cream pie, then the pumpkin ones that come out in the fall. Oh and Swiss rolls. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it was fun writing this post. I just don't think twinkie blends are CFTKR's thing. The only one I ever liked of their twinkie blends was toasted marshmallow twinkies, and that's for the marsh. OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh oatmeal cream pies...now I want one! LOL. Might need to go pick some of those up soon. :)

      Delete
  2. I received some CFTKR from a destash and I did not like any of the Twinkie blends either, it had a plastic note to it. I thought it was just me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely not just you, there's a definite plastic note to their twinkie blends! Most vendors have really light twinkie scents, and this one was just weird all around!

      Delete
  3. I never would have thought to try a Twinkie/orange scent, and now I know not to! xD Hilarious review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gil! Glad I'm not the only one who thought the pairing was strange!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)