Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Swift & Supersonically Snappy Short Review #71: The Bathing Garden's Green Mango Papaya

We're sure having some highs and not so highs this week in San Diego. It was in the 90's last week, and now, as I type this, it is 65 and very windy. I am loving this weather...but I should have switched the last melt I reviewed and this one. This is a much more springy scent.
The Bathing Garden's Green Mango Papaya
Cold Rating6.5/10
Lit Rating: 9/10
Throw Rating9/10
Overall Rating8/10; WOW. I am super surprised by this one while warming! It smells sort of like a basic tropical/spring fruit scent in the clamshell, but when melts, booooy howdy! The mango and papaya sing together in beautiful harmony. STRONG THROW and STRONG LIT! I melted this in the living room and it lasted somewhere between 6 and 10 hours, I stopped counting. Completely overtook the bathroom melt at the time. 2 cubes per melt, I have melted it twice. Both times, excellent throw and wonderful results. Embeds are adorable. I am starting to loathe glitter and diddlybobs in wax, unless it is micro, superfine glitter. Not my typical go-to scent, but I love being shocked. Clamshells aren't my fav, but TBG does 'em right. Lightly colored wax and very cute labels. Vendors who have been notoriously hard to buy from becoming much more accessible. Added a warmer in the living room, Glade warmer pictured here was gathering dust in our main bathroom (since I use a wallflower in there sometimes). Out of the way warmers producing massive throw. Waxy friend on Instagram said this smells like a gum and I agree in the BEST possible way! Fruity, flirty and thriving (points if you know the movie).

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it threw well! I was getting worried there for a moment with TBG throw. I keep hoping her next opening will have the old favorites I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were received in July and the order had hits and misses, but this particular one was a winner!! It's a bummer she seems to be so inconsistent nowadays.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)