Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Subscription Box Corner: June 2015 Flicker Box Review!

I am seriously loving Flicker Box these days. I have really been into candles more lately, and though I love my wax tarts to death, there's something special about the warm glow of a candle when I am blogging! The June subscription did not disappoint. Let's take a look inside!
In all its glory, the box! Again, classic and simple and elegant labeling, minimal packaging (for a huge box o' candles!)
The box, upon opening the lid! (The box came with a matchbook as usual, but I didn't take photos of it since it's always there...if anyone needs matches, lemme know, LOL).
3 months into my subscription, I just realized I was forgetting to include the theme of the month (I think???). This month's theme is: Silly Scents & Funny Fragrances. How wacky!
Midnight Owl Candle Company is a new-to-me vendor. That's the best thing about this subscription box, finding new candle and wax vendors! I HAD to include their business card in full, front and back, because LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS. I love owls, so I am thrilled to know about this company, lol.
Monkey Farts - This unique fragrance begins with top notes of fresh bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla as a base note. A Best Seller!!
Whenever I see the word "monkey" in wax, I automatically assume banana, which I have been known to dislike. Midnight Owl's Monkey Farts is no exception, but here, when mixed with other notes, it's not nearly as bad as some of the wax I have smelled in the past! The banana is definitely tones down by a bubble gummy sweetness and a vanilla creaminess. I really like this! The throw started as lighter, but built the longer it was lit into a pleasant, sweet experience. See? Expectations and likes changing already! This is about the same size as a "medium jar candle" from Bath & Body Works. Very generous of them to send a candle this large!!
Grass Stain - Simple & unfussy. Just like a perfect spring day. Grass Stain brings back memories of days spent outside, the whir of a neighbor's lawn mower, and green knees. It's a single note fragrance of fresh dewy grass. Crisp, sweet and green.
Big White Yeti is another Etsy vendor from Milwaukee, and another new to me vendor. Wow, who knew there were so many candle companies!? LOL. I LOVE this company's labeling! How unique! And their company name is awesome, too. Anyways, Grass Stain came in a nice little tin candle, almost 5 ounces in weight. It smells really nice and fresh, very outdoorsy, but I have not burned it yet. I have been too obsessed with burning the other two, so I apologize to this company, but I will get to it soon and report back when I do! If you like fresh, grassy scents, this one will be for you.
La-la Land - a scent of warm vanilla, oak, and cedar. A customer favorite! It'll make you daze off and day dream.
La-La Land is absolutely not the type of scent I would ever pick to burn for myself, but because of this, I am glad I received it. I love vanilla, but oak? Cedar? Trees? Nah, nah. Happily, I am blown away by this candle as a whole: the scent is amazing, the throw is tremendous, the wax pool is great and goes all the way to the edge of the jar, WOW!! It is WONDERFUL!! And the smell, oh, the smell...I have had The Burlap Bag on my radar for a while and now, even more than before, I want to capitalize on this company. Look at the clean, crisp packaging! They have since came out with new, screen-printed labels that I like, but I just love the look of this one. Plus, they have a candle called Unicorn Puke???!! I basically HAVE to own it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's my June Flicker Box unboxing and thoughts! I am SO impressed with the items this month! Do any of these pique your interest? Have you tried any of these companies? Let me know, and enjoy your week!!

1 comment:

  1. The Yeti candle art is too cute! I want to try that vanilla, oak and cedar scent. I just KNOW I would love it! Great box Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)