I was chosen to be a participant in the Mary Kay Glamour Look VoxBox, and I couldn't be more thrilled! When it comes to makeup, Mary Kay is probably one of the most recognizable names ever, wouldn't you say? I remember going to a Mary Kay meeting with my mom before, and it was fun trying out different types of stuff! Mary Kay also came to my Girl Scout troop when I was younger and let us try their products.
This box was completely free and loaded with makeup goodies. Let's take a look, shall we?
This VoxBox included:
- Lash Primer: I have never used this, but enjoyed doing so for the first time. It's basically a pre-mascara that you use to make your eyelashes look thicker and fuller. I could really tell the difference!
- Mascara: Mascara usually isn't my "thing," but this one went on quite smoothly. I did experience a bit of clumping and am not sure if it's because of the primer or just because of the formula.
- Eye shadow: this is a creamy shadow in A sort of purple and silver metallica color with flecks of orange, I'm sensing? Almost sunset looking. Very pretty and I have used it several times already!
- Lipstick: I'm generally more of a chapstick/lip gloss sort of gal, but I do have other brands of lipstick I wear on special occasions. This lipstick was a bit too pink/rose colored for my face, but it applied like a dream. I'd say the staying power was about an hour to two hours before it started to wear off.
- Brush: I used this brush to bring volume to my eye shadow and it really worked well. I already own a brush like this but it's much smaller, and I prefer this one because it has a longer handle, making it easier to use. Yay!
Are you a member of Influenster? Did you get to try the Mary Kay VoxBox?
*Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.*