Monday, December 16, 2013

Lightning Round Reviews #19!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAI friends! As I sit here typing this, it is 46 degrees outside.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND TOO COLD FOR SAN DIEGO.

Deb over at It's Always Something... has called me a winter weather wuss, and rightfully so. While she and I were talking yesterday, it was 17 degrees where she lives. *DOES NOT COMPUTER*

Well, here are some lightning round reviews for you while I sit here shivering with my jacket, pants, huge puffy socks, and a zebra throw on my person. I HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THE SENTIMENT. :P
Bath & Body Works' Tiki Beach (14.5 oz 3-wick candle)
Cold Rating8/10
Lit Rating: 9/10
Throw Rating9/10
Overall Rating9/10; yes, it is the dead of winter and I am burning a coconut candle. Well, I was really just trying to finish it. Tiki Beach is incredible! You HAVE to like coconut to enjoy this, which I do. The throw was incredible and it burned well every single time I melted it. WOWZA. So good. Would repurchase, have repurchased.
Bath & Body Works' Blackberry Spice (mason jar, 1-wick candle)
Cold Rating5/10
Lit Rating: 5/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating5/10; well, the initial reviews of this candle from YouTube were correct...this is a very generic berry scent, one I'm not particularly fond of. The spice is almost nowhere to be found. Not a repurchase, but the throw was better than I expected for a one wick candle.
The Bathing Garden's Autumn Cream Pie
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating5.5/10
Overall Rating6/10; this was okay, unmemorable for me though. It sort of just smelled like sweetness with a touch of autumn bakery. Not a repurchase for me. This lasted 3 hours in the bedroom.
The Bathing Garden's Coconut Candy Apple
Cold Rating6.5/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating8/10
Overall Rating: 7/10; this is a mix of a winter candied apple type and coconut. It's interesting and strong! I melted two cubes of this in the bathroom and got great results. I don't know if I would repurchase this, maybe, but you have to be in the mood for something perfumey. Lasted 8 hours in the bathroom.
The Bathing Garden's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies
Cold Rating4.5/10
Lit Rating: 5/10
Throw Rating3/10
Overall Rating4/10; sad about this scent! I have heard great things, and TBG's blackberry isn't too cloyingly perfumey, but I just couldn't smell this in a big room like the kitchen. Not a repurchase for me. Had this going for almost 2 days and could barely smell anything.
The Bathing Garden's Season of the Reindeer
Cold Rating7.5/10
Lit Rating: 7.5/10
Throw Rating8/10
Overall Rating7.5/10; I was hesitant about Season of the Reindeer on cold sniff, it smelled like straight-up Christmas trees. Well, in August/September when I bought this, I was nervous because Christmas was months away...so I saved it, obviously. This is spectacular! I really like it! The throw is great, I really enjoy the mix of scents, and though pine is a main note, it sort of a mix between spicy and piney! Repurchase!
The Bathing Garden's Poisoned Apothecary
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; this scent is a very appley type of cider scent with little to no spice. It's pretty much straight, fresh apple. It's okay, good throw, but a little one-dimensional. Not a repurchase for me, but lasted 5 hours in the bedroom.
The Bathing Garden's Bad Santa, Spiked Eggnog
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 7.5/10
Throw Rating7.5/10
Overall Rating7.5/10; incredible! I love this scent! It really does smell like spiked eggnog, complete with spices and everything. SO GOOD! Two cubes of this lasted the entire day in the bedroom. Absolute repurchase, perfect for this time of year!
Tara's Candle Cottage's Apple Cinnamon
Cold Rating5.5/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; apple cinnamon is pretty basic. Actually, it's as basic as you can get. It's still nice, though. I can purchase this from pretty much any vendor, so I might not get it from TCC again. Lasted 6 hours!
Tara's Candle Cottage's Celtic Moonspice
Cold Rating5.5/10
Lit Rating: 8/10
Throw Rating7.5/10
Overall Rating7/10; it's really hard to go wrong with Celtic Moonspice, in my opinion, as it's one of my two favorite spicy scents EVER. This was weird on cold sniff, but once it got to melting, it was great. Liked it a lot! Repurchase! Lasted 8 hours in the bedroom.
Sweet Fixations Celtic Moonspice
Cold Rating7.5/10
Lit Rating: 7.5/10
Throw Rating: 8/10
Overall Rating8/10; another fantastic Celtic Moonspice scent. UGH, it's just so, so good. This little tart from Sweet Fixations lasted 16 whopping hours. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Repurchase! It's so homey, so spicy, so good.
Sweet Fixations Brown Sugar Cake
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating: 6.5/10
Overall Rating6/10; Brown Sugar Cake, what does this make you think of? Sweet, cakey, possibly buttery? Nope, this smelled like Brown Sugar & Fig from Bath & Body Works, LOL. I got pretty much no cake out of this. I love Brown Sugar & Fig, so I was cool with it. Repurchase! Lasted a day and a half in the kitchen!

~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy your week! 9 more days until Christmas!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's 6 degrees right now, -2 wind chill temp. Have no fear though, Wednesday will be a balmy 28.

    I'm attracted to those mason jar candles at B&BW. Is it true the candles aren't as good since Slatkin left? How much are the mason style?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'does not computer' LOL.

    I'm weary of the mason jar B&BW candles--all the reviews I've read have been 'meh'.
    I agree about Tiki Beach --it is so strong! I'm with you, I like it a lot. It seemed to get stronger and stronger the longer it melted.

    Brown Sugar & Fig from B&BW always seemed more perfumey than gourmand to me, but I like it. I don't know why I always expect something more food-y when I hear those two scents together.

    Have a great week yourself Lauren! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great melts! Lots of TBG goodies. Season of the Reindeer was pretty good. Celtic moon spice has a special place for me too. I love it. 9days?!?! It's practically here! I understand about the cold weather. The low is 46 tonight and my kids are bundled and the heater will be on. I can't wrap my brain around anything colder than 30. Brrrr Deb! Brrrrr! (I bet you look cute in your bundled state Lauren!)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)