Sunday, December 15, 2013

To Try: Dr. Scholl's® For Her Cozy Cushions!

I was selected as part of Influenster to test the Dr. Scholl's® For Her Cozy Cushions for free as part of the RoseVoxBox. They are basically super comfy, fluffy insoles that fit in any type of shoe you have.

Now, it must be said that I have really weird feet. Not only are they wide, but they sort of turn to the side. This makes it really hard for me to not only find shoes, but to preserve them in good condition for long periods of time. My big toe always manages to dig through the insole of my sneakers without fail, it seems.

Besides all my weird feet problems, I HATE FEET in general. They are awful. Don't you think? Feet and toes and heels...yikes. Makes me cringe! Anywho, moving on...
Here's a photo of these insoles. Now, they come defaulted way too big, so you're supposed to cut them to size. The insoles have a guide on the back instructing you to cut. This was sort of tricky since there was fur flying everywhere while I was doing this. I ended up cutting them to the "9," which was still too big, so I went to the "8," which was about right.

I have been wearing these for a week now, and I am pretty mixed about how I feel. Sure, they are ridiculously comfortable and it feels like I am walking on a pillow, but the construction of them seems a bit sloppy. Not only does fur seem to get everywhere, but the furry part where my toes go seem permanently indented with toe prints to the point where I have to "fluff" the insoles every single time I put on my sneakers. ANNOYING. Also, whenever I walk, the insoles move to one side of the shoe! Now, I thought it was just because of my weird feet, or how I cut them, but they fit perfectly, so I don't see why they should be moving around.

I have used Dr. Scholl's insoles before (a different type, a gel type), and while comfort has never been an issue, within a month, they were disintegrating and falling apart. That seems to be a pattern with these items. Oh well, at least I tried them! I wish they were a better solution to my particular problem, but alas, I find myself wondering why people pay money for these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)