Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wickless Wednesday: Our Christmas Decorations!

This post has been a long time comin', folks.
We have had our Christmas decorations up since Thanksgiving.
I have been dying to share them with you, but haven't found the time. Well, here they are! These are our Christmas decorations, inside and out (and a pretty big post!), so I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
I will start with the kitchen. We have this adorable 3-wick candle holder on the island in our kitchen with a festive candle inside (I think it's Spiced Cider now, but I switch them all the time). I love the way this fits into any Christmas theme, modern or classic!
We have had this table cloth since we've been living together, so almost 5 years. We have this one, which is more whimsical, and another that my grandma gave us as a gift, which is more classy. Gotta love tablecloths!
A new purchase for us this year, kissing snowman salt and pepper shakers! Aren't these cute?! I saw them on Amazon and we just had to buy them. I think they were only about $10! You can buy them here (though they cost a bit more now).
Josh bought the items seen here (a stick of pine cones, a stick of red berries, some artificial snow, and a strand of small Christmas lights) and put together this really nice looking Christmas berry vase! The first photo is without the lights, the second photo has the lights on! We put this on our little corner stand in the kitchen for cool Christmasy decoration.
We bought this shatterproof wreath from Target to throw up on the garage door in the kitchen. It might not be typical Christmas colors, but it really ties the room together. We've had lots of compliments on this, too! You can buy this here.
Finally, we have these insanely cute chair covers featuring Santa and Mrs. Claus' faces. AGGHHHH!! They are purely decorative, like most of these things, but TELL ME you hate them, I dare you!
Moving on to the living room! This is what we've got on our front door, on the inside. No, Freddo, it's not a toy. Simple, yet fun!
Josh had the brilliant idea to wrap our already existing movie posters to make them look like presents! HOW CREATIVE! It was such a good idea, and again, we've gotten tons of compliments on these. All of the wrapping is movie themed, of course. ;)
Our stockings, mine, Freddo's, and Josh's! We have a couple things on the mantle, our stocking holders, the snowman candle holders I featured in my Bath & Body Works haul a couple weeks ago, and a really cool sparkly and feathery owl Josh got me from Target.
The tree in all its glory! We got a noble fir for the first time ever, AND IT IS FREAKING HUGE. I'm telling you, we barely have any room for our furniture. As you can see, our new Christmas tree topper is YODA! YAY!!!
Here it is all lit! I love the way it looks this year!
And now, the outside decorations! We wanted a wreath for the front door, and since gold is my favorite color and nothing in the house is really gold, we got this. LOVE!
It has always been a dream of mine to wrap the garage with a big, huge bow, AND WE DID IT this year! It came out so neat looking! It looks like a gigantic present! Very fun!
When we lived at our condo, we had this lantern, but it never worked. Well, it works here! It's solar powered and quite festive. Hangs perfectly right outside the door.
We got these LED Christmas bulbs for our stairway. They change from white to color, and are pretty damn bright! We just switched out our normal walkway lights for these!
THE LIGHTS! When Josh's mom was alive, we always wrapped these poles for her to look like candy canes. They are perfect for that, huh!? They came out awesome along with the icicle lights. It just looks stunning, if I do say so myself.
You can sort of see the office window from here, they are in mid blink. We have them on the SPAZZY setting...okay, not really, but THEY GO FAST!
Our main attraction, THE SNOWMAN! YAY! Well, we put him out, and the next morning, I thought....."hey, honey, doesn't it look like the snowman if flipping people off???" AMIRITE??? I've had some friends tell me they thought the same, LOL! Purely unintentional by us! Anywho, this little guy is SO FREAKING SPARKLY it's insane. I just love it!

And there you have it! I'd love to see your decorations, if you're willing to share. Let me know what you think, and Merry Christmas, friends! <3

10 comments:

  1. BRAVO! That was awesome. Wrapping the movie posters in movie themed holiday paper is brilliant!
    I love that snowman and you're right, totally flipping off the people-- Awesome!

    As soon as I saw that bow around your garage door, I nearly passed out. What a great idea, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to decorate the garage door!

    Your house is lovely. So well decorated.

    ….off to find those salt and pepper shakers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Josh had the best idea when he came up with wrapping the posters. EVERYONE loves them!

      The garage door was something I always wanted to do, but never executed. Well, it looks incredible! YAY!

      Did you buy the salt and pepper shakers?!

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Love the vase thingie! And that wreath on the front door! That is so clever about wrapping the posters.

    I've been meaning to get my decorations post done but I have to keep retaking the pics due to crap lighting or blurry-impatience or just too cold to go outside to get those pics done. Even so, I'll need to put the bulk of the pics in a Facebook album anyway because there are just way too many. Maybe this will inspire me to get on it!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vase idea came from Pinterest! And the wreath we knew we had to have something festive on the door.

      I need to go look at your decoration post, I am so behind!

      Delete
  3. I love your whole fireplace scene. It is so cozy and festive! Are your ornaments movie themed? Yoda is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! We have a few movie ornaments, a couple Star Wars ones, some Rudolph ones, etc. We really like the fireplace. Merry Christmas, friend!

      Delete
  4. You have some awesome Christmas decorations!! I think wrapping up your movie posters are genius!! <3 And the ornaments are so cool on your tree!! I mean, seriously, who can go wrong with Star Wars??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! And exactly, it might not be traditional, but we love our Star Wars tree! Merry Christmas, friend! <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. He's totally flipping off the neighbors, isn't he?!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)