Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lightning Round Reviews #12, Front Porch Edition!

Decided to do a Front Porch style lighting round reviews because I have been on a FP kick lately. Schwoot!

Also, Sunnee, have fun on your trip! :)
Front Porch's Cactus & Sea Salt
Cold Rating10/10
Lit Rating: 10/10
Throw Rating10/10
Overall Rating10/10; a fabulous spa/clean/fresh scent! FP makes a brilliant version of this scent, and it's insanely strong. It's also a bit saltier than other versions. Nonetheless, awesome, always repurchase! Lasts long, too!
Front Porch's 14-Karrot Cake
Cold Rating1/10
Lit Rating: 1/10
Throw Rating--/10
Overall Rating1/10; I cannot give an accurate assessment of this because it was so ridiculously disgusting that I dumped it BEFORE it was done melting. I can't get the smell out of my nose. It's like...moldy, out of date cream cheese, rotten carrots, and buttery cake mixed in one. OMG. Sorry, Angie, this is not my favorite scent, obviously. Ew. Needless to say, not a repurchase.
Front Porch's Coconut Lime
Cold Rating6/10
Lit Rating: 4/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating5.5/10; something about the mixture of FP's lime and coconut wasn't pleasant. There was a weird undertone to is and the longer it melted, the stronger that note got. Ick. Not a fan, not a repurchase. Also, strong throw, though.
Front Porch's Cotton Candy Cookies
Cold Rating: 6.5/10
Lit Rating: 7.5/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating7/10; melted this in the office and it threw like a madman. Awesome scent, you really get both the cookies and the cotton candy, and they go together very well! Love! Repurch for sure.
Front Porch's Pink Porch
Cold Rating5.5/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; pink sugar plus floral linens, methinks? This is decent, but nothing special. Medium throw in the bedroom. Might repurchase to compare. I think this one was old.
Front Porch's Pumpkins & Apples (favorite, re-smell)
Cold Rating10/10
Lit Rating: 10/10
Throw Rating9.5/10
Overall Rating10/10; INSANE THROW. This blend you can actually smell the pumpkin AND apples. This is an awesome scent, but you need to be prepared for apple city. I love it, it might not be for everyone! Repurch!
Front Porch's Serendipity Laundry
Cold Rating8.5/10
Lit Rating: 7/10
Throw Rating8/10
Overall Rating8/10; it seems weird to combine serendipity and laundry, but this scent is really awesome! It's strong, it's linen, and you also get serendipity sweetness. It's a trip! Possible repurchase.
Front Porch's Celtic Moonspice
Cold Rating10/10
Lit Rating: 10/10
Throw Rating10/10
Overall Rating10/10; I could write novels about this scent. It's so, so good. Homey, spicy, not quite bakery, just a brilliant spicy, enveloping amazing scent. I LOVE IT. Strong, repurch, the whole 9...well, the whole 10! LOL! :)
Front Porch's Lemon Bliss Serendipity Cookies
Cold Rating: 6/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating6/10
Overall Rating6/10; decent scent, but an odd combination. Lemon, serendipity, and cookies? This is nic, medium strength, possible repurchase.
Front Porch's Sweet Pomegranate Crisp
Cold Rating: 3/10
Lit Rating: 3/10
Throw Rating7/10
Overall Rating5/10; not my favorite. Overly sweet, not very pomegranate-y. It is pretty strong though, which is good, but the scent is not good.
Front Porch's Citrus Serendipity
Cold Rating5.5/10
Lit Rating: 6/10
Throw Rating: 6/10
Overall Rating6/10; another strange but good blend. The citrus overpowers the serendipity, and it's a bit cloying. Medium throw and decent scent. Possible repurch?
Front Porch's Strawberry Cotton Candy
Cold Rating: 7/10
Lit Rating: 8/10
Throw Rating7.5/10
Overall Rating7.5/10; strawberry and cotton candy really work well together! I love this scent, it's so great. Very strong, excellent throw and smell in general. Sweet. Repurchase!
Front Porch's Serendipity Ice Cream
Cold Rating: 7.5/10
Lit Rating: 7.5/10
Throw Rating6.5/10
Overall Rating7.5/10; so creamy! I really like this blend. Decent throw, could be stronger, but very lovely. Luscious smelling. Uber creamy serendipity. Repurchase!

1 comment:

  1. I <3 Front Porch! There are definite hits and misses but once I found out what I love from there I am hooked! I am in love with her Celtic Moonspice too! Soooo yummy and comforting. Pumpkins & Apples sounds amazing!! I want to go to Apple City! I still haven't tried a cactus & sea salt yet. Lately, FP has been satisfying my instant gratification ordering and melting need. I have been saving for other openings but then I use it on FP. I am SURE I will be kicking myself at some point but for now I am happy with all my FP apple blends that have been coming in.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)