Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review: Candles from the Keeping Room's Sugar Cookie Cotton Candy

Apparently there's something in the world called cotton candy grapes.
WHAT?
Do we hate fruits and veggies so much that we need our health food to taste like cotton candy??
(The answer is yes, yes we do. I love grapes, but won't turn down anything cotton candy flavored, lol).
Look at this pretty, pretty tart! I must say, I love the little sprinkles aesthetically, but hate that they are sugar sprinkles for baked goods...the stickiness gets all goopy on the bottom of the warmer and it's not fun and not always easy to remove.

Regardless, Sugar Cookie Cotton Candy from Candles from the Keeping Room was a scent I was unsure about when I saw it in my cotton candy sampler from a few months ago. Carol makes an awesome sugar cookie scent, but mixed with cotton candy? Hmmm...
I'm happy to report this is very nice! The sugar cookie mixes well with sweet cotton candy to make a tooth-achingly delicious scent! The cotton candy smelled a bit like sweetness plus fruit to me, but I couldn't put my finger on what fruit. Overall, these two mix very well together, and it's not overly bakery.
In the kitchen, it performed with medium high scent throw, and lasted for about 4 hours. I wish it would have lasted longer, but I've come to expect lighter and/or shorter throws from Carol's bakery scents (though there are a exceptions, of course). I really enjoyed this one a lot and can't wait to repurchase it.

~~~~~~~~~~
Candles from the Keeping Room's Sugar Cookie Cotton Candy
Cold Rating: 6.5/10; you really get each notes on cold sniff, and they come together nicely.
Lit Rating: 7/10; very interesting and fun! Nice for summer, a special sweet treat. Some element of fruit and it's driving me nuts that I can't tell what it was!
Throw Rating: 6/10; this could have been stronger, but in a big room, it got the job done.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10; I would totally repurchase this. Cotton candy grapes leading to cotton candy frappuccinos, crackers, twinkies, celery. Cotton candy machine sitting in the garage, unused. WE NEED TO HAVE A CIRCUS PARTY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This one even looks like it'd taste good! Bit I never thought about the mess those spriknles would make!

    I'll have keep my eyes out for this one!

    Cotton Candy grapes???? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol will be restocking soon, I believe, keep your eyes peeled! If you're in her Facebook group, she also takes requests, usually!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)