Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: The Bathing Garden's Pink Lime

What's your favorite color?
I have two....
...okay, 3.
......okay, 6. But who is counting?
They are: yellow, orange, cerulean blue, dark purple, black, and...
This color green.
The limier, the better.
Lime green is flawless and I hope to get a car in lime green some day.*
* = Josh doesn't know this plan yet, so don't tell him. ;)

When "pink" is used in wax, it generally means pink sugar, which is a dupe for a popular fragrance, if I'm not mistaken. In The Bathing Garden's Pink Lime, this is not the case. Here's the description straight from Shannon's Etsy page:
Kaffir lime, Japanese grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon; middle notes of bergamot and strawberries; sitting on base notes of brown sugar and oakmoss.
This is absolutely the correct description. It's mainly a citrus scent, very bright and fruity, with hints of sweetness and earthiness.
It's perfect.
It's strong.
It's enough to make you want to get on with your day, if you're having a bad one.
It will change your mood...well, it did to mine! I had a headache and I popped this in the warmer and instantly felt better.

Maybe I just reserved all the good scents for the middle of my blog, but this scent is amazing. I love it. I won't melt my other 4 cubes until I get a spare. :)

~~~~~~~~~~
The Bathing Garden's Pink Lime
Cold Rating8.5/10; very strong before melting, and you definitely pick up individual notes of lemon, grapefruit and tangerine all on cold sniff.
Lit Rating10/10; flawless! This scent is classic pick-me-up. It's got a slight earthiness, which I like. No pink sugar, so be warned! Ahhhh, so, so good.
Throw Rating8.5/10; awesome throw, could smell this through most of the house.
Overall Rating10/10; if the word "lime" had to be defined by a scent, this would be it. Citrus trees and rainbows. Headache clearing. Seeing angels. Saving the best for last.

4 comments:

  1. I have this...havn't melted it cause I've been saving it. Might have to pop it in the warmer before it hets cold here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried this one yet? How did you like it?

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorites from TBG. I'm glad it's not the Pink pink, since her's is fairly strong and it would probably overwhelm the lime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the pink sugar would definitely overpower the lime if it was THAT pink. But this scent is perfect as is!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)