Friday, August 9, 2013

Review: Sniff My Tarts Serendipity Noel

Do you like chunks? Big ol' waxy pieces of glory and wonderment with jutting pieces of equally as awesome wax?
Chunks are pretty.
Only if they are related to wax.
Otherwise, chunks are bad.
Chunk is a terrible word, some to think of it.
Chunk.
Do you see the sheer size of this chunk? Do you??? DO YOU?!?!?!
Well, after many-a-day, my Sniff My Tarts serendipity stash-ola has come to a surprising dwindle. I was on a roll there for a while!
Anywho, this piece of wax was massive, about the size of my palm, give or take a bit.
Sniff My Tarts makes an awesome serendipity, and when added with vanilla bean noel, it's even better. I had a scent shot in this scent, but it was somehow stronger. I don't know if it was the bag this was in or what, but this was a bit disappointing with a medium throw (for something so large). Both of these notes combined together to make something great, though, so I'm not complaining (that much!). ;)

~~~~~~~~~~
Sniff My Tarts Serendipity Noel
Cold Rating: 7.5/10; a great blend of serendipity and vanilla bean noel on cold sniff.
Lit Rating7/10; surprisingly lighter while warming, for such a large piece of wax, but both of the individual notes combine together to make something delicious and sweet.
Throw Rating: 6.5/10; strong throw, just the way I like my wax! :)
Overall Rating7/10; bigger wax doesn't always mean better throw. Should have cut this up, but don't want to buy a wax cutter. Mess. Eternal debate over usage of the word "chunk."

6 comments:

  1. I use an old Henckles chef knife that I got from my mom when she downsized into a smaller place for all my waxy cutting jobs. I'm sure if my mother found out I'd get quite a lecture! I've never liked the handle shape, so it was languishing in a drawer anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a veeeeeery old and unstable knife but am looking to get something else. I hope your mom doesn't find out about you using that knife! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha...chunks!!!

    Sad this chunk was disappointing - the combo sounded so good. I also use a regular chef's knife to chop up my chunks. I didn't want to buy a wax or soap cutter either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, just a regular knife here also. Been wanting to try SMT for so long. Wish they would re-open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Chunk. My stepdad used to make me do the truffle shuffle if I wanted something when I was a kid. Nowadays that would probably merit a call to cdf or at least some therapy. Never tried smt. Maybe one day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)