Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: Tiffany Candles High Maintenance (NEW SCENT!)

Tiffany Candles has always won me over in the past, but this sampler has been hit and miss for me. Some of the scents have not been my cup of tea, and other have surprised me.
The scent description for one of their new scents, "High Maintenance," reads: A fab blend of red fruits….raspberry, strawberry & cranberry; enhanced by apples & licorice, with light floral tones of gardenia, jasmine & heliotrope; background of exotic woods & white musk create a lingering warmth. Do I get fruit? Absolutely. Musk and woods? Sure, a little bit. Licorice? No. LIGHT florals? No, only because this one was stronnnnng on the floral notes. It would have been nice to smell exactly what fruits were in this, but they all sort of melded together in one big blob of berry-sweetness. Also, I would have liked to get the licorice notes in this, I think it could have strongly enhanced the muskiness and perfuminess of this tart. This one was nice, I just don't know if I was a fan. I doubt I'd repurchase it because I am not devoted to anything floral, but it was a nice change of pace from my usual cinnamon/serendipity/mint line-up.

~~~~~~~~~~
Tiffany Candles High Maintenance
Cold Rating: 5/10; I pretty much only smell perfume with the slightest hint of berry undertone in this one.
Lit Rating: 5.5/10; the floral overpowers the fruit in this one; I get no licorice, which I would have liked to faintly smell. I don't know...I just wasn't a fan. Someone who liked berries and florals might appreciate this more.
Throw Rating: 6/10; it had a decent throw, but didn't linger too far outside the bedroom!
Overall Rating: 5.5/10; while this wasn't my favorite scent of the sampler pack, there were many other ones I did enjoy. This doesn't mean it's bad, I just wasn't a fan, as hard as I tried. On to the next scent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)