Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Wax Review: January 25-27

Good lord, this was a busy week!
The melting never stops around here, and it was a CFTKR-crazy weekend! Here's a look at the good, the bad, and the ugly (EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO UGLIES!!!).
Is wassail a drink? I think it is, something that is had during Christmas time, right? Well, it wassail usually so pineappley?! This was pretty great, but it was very, very tropical. It should be called Christmas at the Beach! There might have been a faint hint of apple cinnamon spice, but the main note I got was pineapple. On cold sniff, 5.5/10, it was sort of subdued. While warming, 6/10. The throw was a 5/10, did not move out of the bedroom, for a total of 5.5/10. It was nice, but not strong enough for my liking. I don't think I'd buy this again.
People rave about Front Porch's Ultimate Bakery being one of the best scents every created. I believe this is Carol's take on that scent. It's definitely a winner, even from a bakery-liker (I AM NOT TO LOVE YET, y'all). This one was creamy, decadently buttery from the cake and cookies and bread, with wisps of buttercream frosting, to boot! Just an amazing and sweet bakery scent. It made me want cookies. On cold sniff, 6.5/10. While warming, 7/10. The throw was a 7/10 as well, for a total of 7/10! Loved this one and would for sure repurchase it.
Another fabulous and amazing scent from Carol's wonder-hands (too much?? :P). You really get a nice, rich, buttery cake alongside a heavy-handed spice, featuring cinnamon, some clove, a hint of nutmeg? Not so much coffee, but then again, I believe this was advertised as NOT a coffee scent. Straight 7's across the board, 7/10! :)
This we DID NOT like. In my mind, for some reason, when I see "harvest," I associate the scent with spice/spices/spicedness. This was doughy, yeasty, and way too buttery. I find zucchini scents wet and salty, and I just haven't found a vendor who makes one that I care for. On cold sniff, 4.5/10. While warming, 3.5/10. The throw was a 6/10, for a total of 4.5/10. Not a fan, sorry!
Can you tell we were in the mood for bakery and spicy scents?! Celtic Moonspice is a favorite of mine, from any vendor. It's just a fantastic blend of spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. You can really feel the passion in this one, friends, it sizzles with warmth and love!On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 8/10. The throw was a 7/10, for a total of 7.5/10! Fantastic!
This was the Friday nightly melt....just spectacular. Carol has way more hits than misses in my book. This one was a great mix of her awesomely strong pink sugar and creamy vanilla bean noel. On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 8.5/10. The throw was 7/10, for a grand total of 7.5/10!
Here, we have a tart from Cupcake Candles in Cherry Crumb Pie...quite a realistic cherry scent on cold sniff, but it became very, very artificial while warming. It was strong for about 45 minutes, then faded, and fast. On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, though, 5/10. The throw started strong, but fizzled at 4.5/10. The total on this one is 5.5/10.
Front Porch and I have been at an impasse. I have a lot of stock from Angie, so I don't need more, but I wish she would restock more varieties of scents. It seems to be the same 10 things over and over. Friday she actually made some new things, but nothing that caught my eye. I do keep checking, though. Love Dare is a favorite of many, but not me, UGH. This was just plain gross. It was overly strong, it smelled carbonated (not in a good way), and like musty perfume. I need to stick with what I know and not try anything funny. NO FUNNY BUSINESS. On cold sniff, 5/10. While warming, 3.5/10. The throw was a 6/10, for a total of 4.5/10, and I rounded down.

I snapped a photo of Closet Full of Wax's Peppermint, but deleted it from my phone and it never sent to my computer! D'OH!! It's a shame, too, it was such a pretty glittered white color. It was quite potent! On cold sniff, 6/10. While warming, 8/10. The throw was a little bit more muted than most peppermint, at a 6/10, for a total of 6.5/10!

Have a spectacular week, scent fans, and happy melting! :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't like Love Dare either!

    Man, I wish I had ordered some Coffee Cake & Spice. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know other people don't like it...I thought it was just me! It sort of stinks...lol.

      You should get some Coffee Cake & Spice next time around, it is really a treat!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)