While I have sampled this and that from several online vendors, there are still A LOT more out there I'm dying to try. Here are my top five picks, in no particular order!
- Pics, Petals & Scents: I have heard many good things about Pics, Petals & Scents, and in the past, I've been able to try her products from the Simply Sensational Sampler. Unfortunately, one of the two scents I tried I didn't like very much, but Cozy Fall Nights was just fabulous. Apparently, she has some of the best serendipity scents around. Her prices are really good, especially on bigger items like loaves and pies. While I don't think I'll be jumping head-first into loaf/pie world any time soon, her other items feature a decent price tag. She has really good TAT, too, and from what I've seen on the interwebsz, the owner, Marcy, is a really nice woman!
- Beauxsavonsfrais: Where to begin with this vendor! They have been on my top list since I got into wax, but each time I've been inching to place an order, they were closed. The owner, Lanie, just had a baby, so she has been taking time to re-cooperate with her new bundle of joy! Not only does BSF offer wax, but she offers soaps and body products, too! Shipping is decent, and she offers new bags for her products (apparently her old bags were sucking all of the scent out of her wax, so she switched them). While I have heard mixed reviews about this company's throw and performance, I am looking forward to, eventually, trying them out to see for myself! :)
- Lil' Kitchen Candles: Another company with a great online reputation. Strong scents, decent prices, cute shaped tarts, the whole nine. The only downside to this company is that I think they have pretty high shipping because they are on Etsy. While Etsy is a fabulous site, apparently they are terrible for wax vendors? They are close right now, but will reopen sometime in January.
- Orchid Lake Candles: In addition to BOGO items, monthly specials, and a constant stream of new items, Orchid Lake Candles has a free monthly drawing, which I happened to win last month! I have a couple of different scents coming to me, so I can't wait to try out this vendor! They had a Black Friday sale, and I'm still kicking myself for not partaking. Wendy, the owner, is very active in the online Facebook group for her company, and seems like a very lovely woman! She always answers questions promptly, and offers a wide variety of scents and shapes.
- Kissing Booth: A rival to The Bathing Garden, Kissing Booth seems to be the new kid on the block when it comes to the world of wax. While I try to ignore 97.7120% of the hubbub and/or clamoring about new online vendors (I make my own decisions, dag-nabbit), this store intrigues me. Like The Bathing Garden, this company seems to deal strictly in clamshells, each one prettier than the last. From various colors of wax to cute glitter and unique touches, Kissing Booth has a wide variety of scents, some plain and simple (read: Hot Date), some fabulous sounding (read: Sweet Dreams), and some flat-out strange (read: After Church: The Little Ones). Does TBG have some competition on its hands? We shall see, I know lots of other bloggers have already tried and loved their products.
I don't know very many people who like wax and write a blog, and most the blogs I DO read have already been tagged. But, I'll repeat them for the sake of not looking like a loser. ;)
Here's who I tag and (re)list for you to check out! :)