Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review: White Barn's Black Pepper Bergamot 14.5 oz 3-Wick Candles

It's okay to want to smell a man sometimes, right?

Not the unshowered, stinky foot scent of a man...(wonderful visual for a Saturday afternoon, eh??)

...I mean the fresh, musky, clean, aftershavey, sort of sexy and cologned scent of a man.

You know, how Robert Downey Jr. would probably smell if he happened to walk by you on the street.
Like a million dollars....

No?.....no?????

I'm of the opinion that, given the right type of masculine scent, this line of thinking is perfectly acceptable, dare I say normal.
...Plus, Robert Downey Jr.
Black Pepper Bergamot...where to begin. This is a 14.5oz candle, 3 wick, with plenty of problems. The scent is masculine, sexy, and peppery. I enjoy it thoroughly. I have had this candle since, oh I don't know, September? October? Well, I finally started burning it...
...and this is what I've gotten performance-ly speaking both times. A VERY uneven burn, no full wax pool whatsoever, and barely any scent throw. The photo above was taken 2.5 hours into the burn.

I am disappoint. This is fabulous scent marred by poor performance. As I have stated several times in this post, this is what I imagine Robert Downey Jr. smells like and now...I'll never know...

*cue long, deep gaze into a vast space of nothingness*

~~~~~~~~~~
White Barn's Black Pepper Bergamot
Cold Rating: 7.5/10; strong and sexy, you can really smell the pepper mixed in with bergamot.
Lit Rating: 2.5/10; pithy scent throw, uneven wax pool, no full wax pool, thin white wicks of death.
Throw Rating: 3/10; upper level strength, but not the strongest thing I've ever melted.
Overall Rating: 4/10; "Whatever happens, I'll leave it all to chance; Another heartache - another failed romance; On and on...Does anybody know what we are living for?" /end Queen's "The Show Must Go On." High hopes and shattered dreams. No Robert Downey Jr. sexiness.

5 comments:

  1. omg, thank you for the RDJR laugh. That was an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I was hoping someone would appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  2. Hopefully Robert Downey Jr. doesn't perform that way?! *giggle*

    I have not smelled this one, but yeah, an awesome smelling man is a scent to behold. I've not really liked cologne-y scents in home fragrance though.

    Do you ever return candles? Everyone says "Take it back!" but I always feel weird about returning things. Put it on a candle warmer, perhaps?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up, Deb! :D

      This is a really nice scent, I guess I'll end up putting it on the tart warmer or turn it into chunks. I actually recorded my first YouTube video about this scent today...I'm reeeeeeeeally trying not to get stuff too close to the camera, you know.. *wink wink* ;)

      I hate returning candles that are already melted. I feel like a jerk sort of, even though that is their policy...it's really THEIR mistake for making inconsistent candles, but I don't know...have you ever returned an already used candle to B&BW??

      Delete
  3. I don't like the White Barn candles...Slatkin all the way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)