Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Yankee Candle's Harvest

Harvest is, quite possibly, one of Yankee Candle's most popular scents. People absolutely rave about this fragrance...
I was so looking forward to this candle. I think part of me saved it because I didn't want it to be gone...but I was so underwhelmed. The scent notes in this candle are: cinnamon, clove, musk, and apples. All I smelled from this was musty cupboards. The culprit may have been the plastic wrap, but why? This candle was less than 3 months old, why would it be gross already? I'm tired of Yankee getting my hopes up only to smash them down at the last second. UGH! Where's the wonderfully cinnamony candle I was promised!? Bah humbug! I had the entire tart melting for about 2 hours before I had to dump it out and start a better scent. I am disappoint, Yankee!

~~~~~~~~~~
Yankee Candle Harvest
Cold Rating: 4/10; even smells musty, but can be overlooked...you really do smell cinnamon after you get past the icky smell.
Lit Rating: 3/10; I don't know what else to say...
Throw Rating: 4/10; middle of the road, but unpleasant. Something seeped into my votive, I think, and made it gross...but the grossness stuck around for a while, even after it was tossed.
Overall Rating: 3.5/10; so disappointing. I wonder if it would be different in a larger size than just a votive. This is one of the biggest letdowns of the year. :(

2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)