Saturday, February 23, 2013

Review: Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery & Confections In Wax's Coffee Cake & Spice

Do you want to know something sad about me? Well, do ya?!
...I basically can't get through the day without my old, trusty friend anymore. Maybe you've met it...its name is coffee.
I'll admit it: I'm addicted to coffee. Also, I have become quite a fan of (good) coffee scents!

Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery & Confections In Wax (JLCCW, for short) is a great company. Jen, the owner, has some of the best customer service in the business. Her business is really an amazing one: the company is named after Jen's daughter, Jaimie Lauren, who is on the Autism Spectrum! She also has special tarts for sale (they used to be puzzle pieces, but I think she is changing them??), and if you buy these tarts, the proceeds will go to the Autism society. Very, very cool! She is in the process of getting her own .com website since she used to have an eBay store and they had high fees.

Now, I ordered a 12 pack tart sampler. Coffee Cake & Spice is the 4th one I have melted and I CANNOT wait to place another order! Her products are super scented, last a reasonable amount of time, and perform well, too (strength is good, no melting problems, etc). This little tart was spiiiiiicy! I loved it, it was very strong with a hint of coffee underneath a nice, cakey scent. Super wonderful! The coffee cake is definitely reminiscent of a strudel/strusel cake, flaky, buttery, and fragrant, like you've got cake baking in the oven! I would have liked to get this in more tarts by itself, or possibly a blend with another scent.

That's another thing worth mentioning about this company: Jen is constantly coming out with new scents, as well as asking her fans for help naming new blends and scents! It's a lot of fun to be part of her Facebook group. :)

~~~~~~~~~~
Jaimie Lauren Cupcakery & Confections in Wax's Coffee Caked & Spice 
Cold Rating: 6.5/10; each individual note (spice, cake, and a slight hint of coffee?) is in there, and you can smell them together and individually on cold (and warm) throw!
Lit Rating: 7.5/10; ummm...simply grand! If you like coffee cake scents, this is definitely one to try. It'd be good in a blend, too!
Throw Rating: 6.5/10; this had a nice throw, and it lingered a little bit into the living room!
Overall Rating: 7/10; just like grandma's coffee cake on a Sunday morning: strong, delicious, and spicy! So, so good!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! Once I am off my wax ban, I will for sure be placing an order with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try to place an order with her! Her stuff is fantastic!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)