Saturday, February 2, 2013

Review: Ten Digit Creations Hansel and Gretel's House

I think I've talked about my love of s'mores on this blog before, and if not, here's a recap. I LOVE S'MORES. Our latest creation is using dark chocolate peanut butter cups instead of a piece of chocolate...it's a billion times better. Anywho, the smell of graham crackers is really nice, wouldn't you agree? Not super sweet, but you can definitely notice a hint of sugar in there!
As you can probably tell, I have been trying to branch out to both new vendors. Ten Digit Creations is a vendor with VERY fast turnaround time, I think I got my order less than 5 days after I placed it? Maybe even 4 days, I don't recall right now. The owners, Ken & Amber, were super sweet, and they are always having sales (check out their Facebook page for news on these sales). I have also been trying to branch out to new scents as well, and Hansel & Gretel's House is about as bakery as you can get: it's a mix of graham crackers, vanilla frosting, raisins and cinnamon. This is exactly what I imagine Hansel and Gretel's House to smell like, toothache inducing sweetness. The only thing I smell in this is maple syrup, even though that's not an ingredient in this! Maybe that's the combining between the graham scent and the vanilla frosting? I don't know, but I did enjoy this one. I melted my candle from Tiffany Candles in Harvest to pump up the spice a bit (after about an hour of straight sweetness), though. Would I repurchase? I personally wouldn't, but don't that dissuade you!

~~~~~~~~~~
Ten Digit Creations' Hansel & Gretel's House
Cold Rating: 6/10; very fragrant on cold sniff, mostly sweetness from the frosting and grahams.
Lit Rating: 4.5/10; I just wasn't a fan of this, but that doesn't mean it isn't good! I tried, but it was just too sweet for me. I got no cinnamon and only a faint hint of raisins, too.
Throw Rating: 7/10; very strong one! 
Overall Rating: 5.5/10; while I wouldn't repurchase this, it was good, just not for me. The sweetness made me want a piece of cake...I think I'll go bake one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)