Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend Wax Review: February 14-17

Hello, friends, another weekend has come and gone. I included Valentine's day in this week's wax review because we did maaaaajor house cleaning on Friday morning and afternoon; my point is that I melted fresh scents all afternoon! It took pretty much all day to clean the condo, but it looks great!
That was the most exciting part of my weekend. How was your weekend, my fine feathered friends? Let's get to the meltin'!
Thursday morning I wanted somethin' sweet. My absolute favorite pink serendipity is from Candles From The Keeping Room. It's so, so good. The pink is strong, the cherry and coconut from the serendipity are prominent, ugh...I am trying to savor my last few tarts! This lasted about 5 hours. On cold sniff, 8/10. While warming, 8.5/10. The throw is about a 7/10, for a total of 8/10. Simply amazing and ALWAYS  repurchase!
Next, we've got cherry vanilla zucchini bread. Tiffany Candles' zucchini blends don't seem to be as moist and salty as other types are. The cherry is strong, but toned down by the bread and the vanilla. Very lovely, and 2 tarts lasted about 6 hours, then I changed out the scent. On cold sniff, 6.5/10. While warming, 7/10. The throw was about a 6.5/10, for a total of 6.5/10! I would repurchase this, and it might even be a good blend with sugar cookies or something.
I thought I'd switch our nighttime scent up a bit to incorporate something tropical. This, unfortunately, was not a good choice. I don't know if you can tell, but this Rosegirls chunk was a decent size, pretty large in fact. I ended up dumping this out after about an hour...I just didn't like it at all. The "paradise" scent was too artificially tropical, and the royal sugar cookie's butteriness did not cut well with that artificiality. On cold sniff, 6/10. While warming, 3/10. The throw was a 5/10, for a total of 4.5/10, rounded slightly down. If you're into weirdly tropical sugar cookie scents, you might enjoy this.
I changed the RG chunk out for Nutmeg Nellie's from CFTKR because I wanted something as far away from tropical cookies as possible. This was a creamy, delicious blend of nutmeg and something else, possibly vanilla? I got a slightly sweet note in this too, like maple. It lasted about 4 hours and then I fell asleep. I woke up and it was still sort of there. On cold sniff, 6/10. While warming, 7/10. The throw was a 6.5/10, for a total of 6.5/10! Very nice! Possibly a repurchase.
Right around 12:00 on Friday afternoon, we started our cleaning expedition. I was burning a candle in the living room (review to come soon) and melted Apple Mango Tango from Tiffany Candles (a Gain laundry type) in the bedroom. This is her old wax blend, but it was so strong. Perfect for cleaning day! On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 7.5/10. The throw was a 7.5/10 as well, for a total of 7.5/10. Really great clean scent, lasted about 5 hours! The next two, unfortunately, were not so good...
I had high hopes for this, but The Scented Princess' version of rosemary mint was...weird. It sort of smelled like a perfumey version of Tiffany Candles' Stress Relief. There was a weird herbal note that was slightly medicinal, yet smelled like perfume sometimes. Not a fan. On cold sniff, 5/10. While warming, 4/10. The throw was a 5/10 as well, for a total of 4.5/10, and not a repurchase. I only had this on for 45 minutes, which is a shame because her tarts are so huge that it was a waste.
(*I bought this from Granny's Kountry Candles just for the name, to be honest. It sounded fun and funky. I don't want to make this blog too R-rated (that's what Facebook and Twitter are for, lol!), but I do not partake in any, erm, indulgences, featured in the above scent shot? That's not my scene, plus, I had a bad secondhand experience at a Dave Matthews Band concert with my mom when I was younger (UGH, WORST CONCERT EVER). But, I'm always drawn to weird scent names).
This was a bust, though. It smells like some weird flower mixed with some old perfume. Not as clean as it smells. On cold sniff, 6/10. While warming, 3/10. The throw was a 3.5/10, for a total of 4/10. Ick. Burned this for only 30 minutes before I had to dump it because it was giving me a contact high...I mean headache.
Tiffany Candles' Verbena Bamboo is a new scent from her sampler pack and it was PERFECT for cleaning day. It was fresh, bright, and very strong. On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 7.5/10. The throw was a 7/10 as well, for a total of 7/10! Very nice, lasted about 4 hours before I needed to switch it out. I would definitely repurchase this!
The nighttime melt! After a day full of fresh, I needed something soothing. Ten Digit Creations' Honey Almond was the perfect thing. It started out slow, but eventually got to be a decent throw. I melted it 2 hours before we went to be and all through the night. On cold sniff, 6/10. While warming, 6.5/10. The throw was a 5.5/10, for a total of 6/10; this is something I would always repurchase because I love the combination of these two fragrances!
Started Saturday out with a spicy orange scent from Ten Digit Creations. I have been pretty impressed with what I have melted from this company! This was your standard orange clove, very lovely. It lasted 3.5 hours. On cold sniff, 5.5/10. While warming, 6.5/10. The throw was a 6/10, for a total of 6/10! Repurch!
Pomegranate is another new scent from Tiffany Candles' sampler bag. It was a nice, juicy pomegranate scent, and that's all there is to it! It only lasted about 3 hours. On cold sniff, 6/10. While warming, 6.5/10. The throw was a 5.5/10, for a total of 6/10. I might blend this with something if I decide to repurchase it!
After the first two scents, I decided to make it an unintentional fruit-scented day! I did Kiss & Tell, yet another new scent from Tiffany's sampler bag, next! This one is a mix of fruits and greens, and surprisingly, it sort of mixed together to create a perfumey scent. The greens were pretty dominant in my opinion, though there was definitely apple and cranberry every now and then. On cold sniff, 6.5/10. While warming, 6.5/10. The throw was a 5/10, though, for a total of 6/10!
 CFTKR's Pink Flamingo is supposedly a mix of orange, cherry, and a touch of vanilla...all I got was margarita mix! I swear there was an effervescent note in this. It was nice. On cold sniff, 5.5/10. While warming, 6/10. The throw was a 5.5/10 as well, for a total of 5.5/10. This lasted about 2 hours and then I needed something new. It was forgettable, and I won't repurchase it.
Moved onto Strawberry Noel from CFTKR next, and this one smelled like straight crunch berries! Very nice! On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 6.5/10. The throw was a 6/10, for a total of 6.5/10! It lasted about 3 hours. I would probably repurchase this!
I haven't melted a ton of Front Porch lately, but I dug around my stash to find something fruity from them. I felt the need to melt their stuff all of a sudden. I had a single in banana cream pie, and boy, was it spot on! There was banana, cream, pie crust...it was really nice, but the banana was more of an artificial, Runts candy type of scent. I loved it; I'm not a banana type of gal, and Josh isn't a fan of banana scents either, but he didn't hate it. On cold sniff, 7/10, super strong. While warming, 7.5/10. The throw was a 7.5/10 as well, for a surprisingly high total of 7.5/10; that being said, I don't know if I could melt this all the time, so I don't know about repurchasing it.
People seem to love lavender scents from Sniff My Tarts. I wanted something completely opposite from the fruit overload we had all day, so I melted lavender coconut milk from SMT. I put this in about 9:00 at night and it lingered into the next morning. It was really nice, toned down lavender scent. Not much coconut, but definitely "milky" (not sour, but smoothly milky, if that makes sense). On cold sniff, 6.5/10. The warm throw is a 7.5/10. The throw is a 6.5/10 as well, for a total of 7/10, slightly rounded up. Definitely a repurchase!
This morning, I was craving something tooth-aching-ly sweet, so I pulled out Sniff My Tarts' Ice Cream Scoop Vanilla Waffle Cone. GOOD DECISION. I wanted ice cream all day after this, lol. It smelled really, really good! It was super creamy, and very sugary! On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 7/10. The throw was a 6/10, for a total of 6.5/10. I melted this one about 4.5 hours, and I will definitely consider repurchasing it.
Immediately after the sugary waffle cone ice cream, I wanted to smell something spicy to cut the sweet in the air. Tiffany Candles' Pumpkin Patch was nice, too! Super silky pumpkin and a slight hint of spice. On cold sniff, 5/10. While warming, 6/10. The throw was a 5.5/10, not too strong, for a total of 5.5/10. I liked it and think it will be nice in her new blend. This lasted 3.5 hours.
I had one cube of The Bathing Garden's Oatmeal, Milk & Honey melting for 2 hours before I had to dump it out. This is not the day for this kind of scent, apparently, even though it smelled good, I got a huge headache (not from it, but from life being a pain in the ass). I will try it again another time since it smells amazing. On cold sniff, 7/10. While warming, 7/10. The throw is a 7/10 as well, for a total of 7/10 across the board.

~~~~~~~~~~
That's where I'm at now, deciding what to melt with a headache. What did you melt this weekend?
Have a great week, y'all!

8 comments:

  1. The strawberry and serendipity scents sound awesome! You should melt some minty tarts to help your headache :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, minty scents are the best! Maybe I will put in some rosemary mint before we go to sleep! Good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Ice Cream Scoop Vanilla Waffle Cone sounds so yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smelled like walking into an ice cream shop! Yum!! Try it, if you get a chance! :)

      Delete
  3. Love Pink Sugared Serendipity. Will wait for your next review of TBG's Oatmeal, Milk & Honey! It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CFTKR has the best pink sugared serendipity, I think! It's amazing!

      Delete
  4. I always in awe of how much you get melted on the weekends! Totally jealous of all your SMT stuff...I think I have a ice cream scoop/vanilla waffle blend in my order, can't wait for that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't sleep, LOL. I feel like I cheated a lot this week, though, by dumping bad stuff out. If it makes you feel icky to melt it, though, why keep it in? Hopefully you do have that blend because IT IS AMAZING! When did you order from SMT?

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment! If you do not have a Google ID, just use the "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" option, and comment away! :)